Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Is a Funeral Service a Bibical Concept?

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004

       Dear Bander,
                   thank you for taking the time to reply.  Sorry, I took so long to reply but I gave up waiting, thinking that no one would get back to me on it. Yes, I found the info that you have sent me very helpful.  Yes, I agree with this statement, "that religious worship around the burial is only mentioned by the Holy Spirit as a way that the pagans serve their gods, and we are not to do so to the Lord our God".

      It has always interested me to see how many so called "Christian burials" has been carried out to non-believers.  They could have been adulterous,homosexuals,murderous yet they still seem to get a "Christian burial.  Suddenly the dead adulterer becomes a saint. Wouldn't it be great if they would just come out with the truth instead of all the gibberish flattery. Hmmm, sure would make it more interesting,wouldn't you think?

      Maria.