[Covenanted Reformation] [Geneva_Bible] Re: 1599 Geneva Bible Update: Jonah, Mic

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Steve,

      Not that I agree with Sproul doing this, but we must remember one thing...

      MODERN READERS ARE BLOCKHEADS

      generally speaking. What "square and compass" meant in 1599, and what
      the modern mind would think of in our day, may cause confusion.

      I would prefer that the original language be used, with a footnote to
      explain that the notes did not intend a four-cornered shape and a tool
      used to tell which direction your heading!

      gmw.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "SteveZ167"

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c5edmk9/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroup

      web/S=1706113926:HM/EXP=1070377580/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def