RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Antichrist links

  • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
      Hi Riley,

      There's a small booklet that the James Begg Socirty produce on the subject
      of the Antichrist - it is the text of a talk recently given by RPNI minister
      David Silversides. Could be just what is needed. It describes who the Antichrist
      is in the Scipture, and eliminates the usual suspects until only the Pope/Papacy
      is left. There should also be a cassette of the same talk available there,
      and maybe a CD.

      For further information on what constitutes true and false worship, contrasting
      Regulative Principle purity with the trappings of Rome (and just a little
      bit from Hislop and other sources concerning where these intrusions have
      really come from), the same source also produces a booklet and cassette
      (and maybe CD) entitled Worship True and False, which was a talk given by
      pastor Roy Mohon - my pastor. Nothing in it that Covenanters would disagree
      with.

      Simon.
    • Dan Fraas
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
        Thanks Simon,

        Where can I access these materials?

        Riley
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, s.padbury@t...
        wrote:
        > Hi Riley,
        >
        > There's a small booklet that the James Begg Socirty produce on the
        subject
        > of the Antichrist - it is the text of a talk recently given by RPNI
        minister
        > David Silversides. Could be just what is needed. It describes who
        the Antichrist
        > is in the Scipture, and eliminates the usual suspects until only
        the Pope/Papacy
        > is left. There should also be a cassette of the same talk available
        there,
        > and maybe a CD.
        >
        > For further information on what constitutes true and false worship,
        contrasting
        > Regulative Principle purity with the trappings of Rome (and just a
        little
        > bit from Hislop and other sources concerning where these intrusions
        have
        > really come from), the same source also produces a booklet and
        cassette
        > (and maybe CD) entitled Worship True and False, which was a talk
        given by
        > pastor Roy Mohon - my pastor. Nothing in it that Covenanters would
        disagree
        > with.
        >
        > Simon.
      • Ginny Dohms
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
          >Does anyone have any suggestions for a modern book in print explaining >the
          doctrine that the pope is Antichrist?

          Have you checked out Francis Nigel Lee's webpage. He has written quite a
          lot on the Pope as the Antichrist, and anything I have read of his was
          fairly easy reading.

          http://www.dr-fnlee.org/

          Ginny
        • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 13, 2003
            Hi Riley,

            <<Thanks Simon, Where can I access these materials?>>

            http://www.jbeggsoc.org.uk

            But I didn't see the second of those talks in their catalogue. Maybe it
            has not yet been made into a booklet or released on a CD or tape. If you
            want it, just ask for it, and they'll burn you an audio CD.

            Simon.
          • Thomas Britton
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 13, 2003
              The Antichrist: A Biblical & Confessional View, by David Silversides
              published by the James Begg Society

              I got my copy from the Aberdeen Free Church (continuing)

              www.fccontinuing.org/aberdeen

              Tom

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
              <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
              > Hey, Simon! I didn't know it, but we have the booklet by David
              > Silversides. I just read it, it's very good--a short and easy read.
              > have no idea where we got it, Tom just handed it to me last night.
              >
              > Anyway, Riley, it's exactly what your bride needs I think, if you
              can
              > get your hands on it.
              >
              > Susan
            • revrayjoseph