Re: Antichrist links

  • Dan Fraas
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
      ...Speaking of Antichrist. My ex-Catholic wife was glancing at
      Francis Turretins disputation on Anti-christ the other night and
      seemed quite interested. She wants to send a copy to her
      uncle, "Father" June the Romanist priest to let him know whom he's
      serving. I think she'd like to read more on the subject, but she
      needs something in very non-technical, non-scholarly, 21st century
      language because she's not a native English-speaker. Does anyone
      have any suggestions for a modern book in print explaining the
      doctrine that the pope is Antichrist? Something in the style of one
      of the newly-written books from Banner of Truth would be easy for her
      I think.

      Thanks,

      Riley
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, thebishopsdoom

    • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
        Hi Riley,

        There's a small booklet that the James Begg Socirty produce on the subject
        of the Antichrist - it is the text of a talk recently given by RPNI minister
        David Silversides. Could be just what is needed. It describes who the Antichrist
        is in the Scipture, and eliminates the usual suspects until only the Pope/Papacy
        is left. There should also be a cassette of the same talk available there,
        and maybe a CD.

        For further information on what constitutes true and false worship, contrasting
        Regulative Principle purity with the trappings of Rome (and just a little
        bit from Hislop and other sources concerning where these intrusions have
        really come from), the same source also produces a booklet and cassette
        (and maybe CD) entitled Worship True and False, which was a talk given by
        pastor Roy Mohon - my pastor. Nothing in it that Covenanters would disagree
        with.

        Simon.
      • Dan Fraas
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
          Thanks Simon,

          Where can I access these materials?

          Riley
          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, s.padbury@t...
          wrote:
          > Hi Riley,
          >
          > There's a small booklet that the James Begg Socirty produce on the
          subject
          > of the Antichrist - it is the text of a talk recently given by RPNI
          minister
          > David Silversides. Could be just what is needed. It describes who
          the Antichrist
          > is in the Scipture, and eliminates the usual suspects until only
          the Pope/Papacy
          > is left. There should also be a cassette of the same talk available
          there,
          > and maybe a CD.
          >
          > For further information on what constitutes true and false worship,
          contrasting
          > Regulative Principle purity with the trappings of Rome (and just a
          little
          > bit from Hislop and other sources concerning where these intrusions
          have
          > really come from), the same source also produces a booklet and
          cassette
          > (and maybe CD) entitled Worship True and False, which was a talk
          given by
          > pastor Roy Mohon - my pastor. Nothing in it that Covenanters would
          disagree
          > with.
          >
          > Simon.
        • Ginny Dohms
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 12, 2003
            >Does anyone have any suggestions for a modern book in print explaining >the
            doctrine that the pope is Antichrist?

            Have you checked out Francis Nigel Lee's webpage. He has written quite a
            lot on the Pope as the Antichrist, and anything I have read of his was
            fairly easy reading.

            http://www.dr-fnlee.org/

            Ginny
          • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 13, 2003
              Hi Riley,

              <<Thanks Simon, Where can I access these materials?>>

              http://www.jbeggsoc.org.uk

              But I didn't see the second of those talks in their catalogue. Maybe it
              has not yet been made into a booklet or released on a CD or tape. If you
              want it, just ask for it, and they'll burn you an audio CD.

              Simon.
            • Thomas Britton
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 13, 2003
                The Antichrist: A Biblical & Confessional View, by David Silversides
                published by the James Begg Society

                I got my copy from the Aberdeen Free Church (continuing)

                www.fccontinuing.org/aberdeen

                Tom

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
                <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
                > Hey, Simon! I didn't know it, but we have the booklet by David
                > Silversides. I just read it, it's very good--a short and easy read.
                > have no idea where we got it, Tom just handed it to me last night.
                >
                > Anyway, Riley, it's exactly what your bride needs I think, if you
                can
                > get your hands on it.
                >
                > Susan
              • revrayjoseph