Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Jerry

  • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2003
      <<Oh thank you, Simon. What a treat! Is this a secret, or can it be shared
      with others?

      gmw.>>

      Not sure. But its to be published DV next year. It's all set to go. Surely
      its public domain, though the appropriate organisation needs to be credited
      with re-discovering it and typesetting it. Perhaps since I did not have
      their permission to circulate it publicly, they would be offended if you
      posted it here, and unhappy if someone else took it and published it before
      they did!!! But, Doom will like it - let him have it. If you have other
      good folk who would appreciate and abide by this temporary holding-fire,
      give them a peek too.

      BTW, that guy who wrote it died in 1712, so he didn't technically become
      an RP as they became formally constituted. And I think he may have been
      among those who went back into the post-RS Kirk - there was much uncertanity
      about what was the right thing to do at that time. But all along, I think,
      he was a true presbyterian.

      Simon.