Re: Update on my mother

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1 7:34 PM
      www.Dictionary.com
      ally

      \Al*ly"\, n.; pl. Allies. [See Ally, v.] 1. A relative; a kinsman.
      [Obs.] --Shak.

      2. One united to another by treaty or league; -- usually applied to
      sovereigns or states; a confederate.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Robert
      Schuiling" <jrschuiling@y...> wrote:
      > Come again?
      >

      > > BTW, he wasn't
      > > "running down an ally." That would be covenant-breaking, wouldn't
      > it?
      > > (We have an alley behind our garage.) :)
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1 7:36 PM
        'Tis true, Suzy Q. :)

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
        <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
        > Spoken like a woman in love. :)
        >
        > Susan
        >
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel"
        > <rlwaybright_1999@y...> wrote:
        > > This is the more accurate, though far less humorous, picture from
        > his
        > > wife's perspective: a strong, handsome loving father and
        husband --

        > > true -- out of breath, but with pipe in mouth, taking a couple
        > hours
        > > to ever-so-patiently teach his three oldest chitlens how to ride
        > > bike, and all the while creating fond memories that will last a
        > > lifetime. After recovering, this wonderful man made us all
        Chinese
        > > beef and crab rangoon, all by himself, and even cleaned up
        > > afterward. Now that's a true snapshot of Jerry. BTW, he wasn't
        > > running down an ally. That would be covenant-breaking, wouldn't
        > it?
        > > (We have an alley behind our garage.) :)
        > >
        > > --- In
        > covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "weeping_calvinist"
        > > <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
        > > > Whew. I'm out of breath. What a sight... picture a fat, out
        of
        > > shape
        > > > asthmatic running down the ally teaching three kids to ride
        bike
        > all
        > > > at the same time!
        > > >
        > > > My mother just called. They found a tumor of some 2-3 inches
        long
        > > > somewhere in her womanly parts -- she's not the best at
        providing
        > > > details. Further tests are to follow. Please continue to pray
        > for
        > > Cindy.
        > > >
        > > > gmw.
      • thebishopsdoom
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1 9:11 PM
          <rlwaybright_1999@y...> wrote:
          > This is the more accurate, though far less humorous, picture...
          Yes but Jer puts it so nicely. What could one have expected from the
          guy that recommends people visit places by describing them like:

          "If walking through a wet hole in the ground sounds like a good time,
          than this is the place for you!"

          and

          "Mr. Tobias dug a big hole, filled it with water, and stuck animals
          around it."

          -doom