Re: Jerry and Bob

  • bob_suden
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27 10:14 PM
      Greetings, Jerry and Susan,

      -- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
      <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
      > Mr. Lee did not have Dickson's book. Y'all wanna try to work this
      > out, getting it from the Aussies?
      >
      > Susan

      Bummer. I didn't think he would have it, but thought he might be
      interested in getting some since it would be something nobody else
      carries in the states.

      Unless somebody has a better idea, email me directly for my address.
      Then send a check with your address to the same. When both checks are
      in hand, I will purchase $150 Austr. from the bank - it takes a
      couple of days to a week - and mail to Mr. Winzer at Pres. Armoury
      Publ. with the 3 different addresses to mail the respective copies.
      As of tonite $50 Aust. is going for $33.99 Amer. on XEcom at
      http://www.xe.com/ucc/

      I know Amer. currency is starting to decline on the world market due
      to a number of astute monetary decisions by our leaders in Wash. DC.
      but hopefully it doesn't get too far out of hand (lower interest
      rates, expand the money supply, go to war etc.etc. See Gary "Why No
      Y2k?" North's various analysis's at LewRockwell.com. Man, that guy
      is like a cat with 9 lives). I am not worried about a slight
      difference in the market in the time this all takes to coordinate. If
      the margin does get to be too big, I'll just refund things all around.

      If this doesn't work for either of you let me know. If somebody else
      wants to be the middle man and get the Aust. cash, fine, but
      sometimes there is a fee on buying foreign money. My local bank,
      though it is only basically county wide, offers the service thru
      Bank of America for free.
      Thanks,

      cordially,
      Bob Suden
      RPNA
      Lynden

      Here's a review of Dickson reprint from the Ev. Pres. Church of Aust.
      http://www.epc.org.au/literature/bookreview-dickson.html
      Their web version of the Standards is pretty neat with javascripted
      proof texts at http://www.epc.org.au/
    • weeping_calvinist
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
        I'm afraid I must back out of this. Some recent purchases made it
        less essential that I spend money on a better copy of something I have
        in bound photocopy already.

        Susan is a chicken, and will probably back out as well.

        ;)

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "bob_suden"

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
          Cool. We'll see what happens. I already have more than enough
          books to read also.
          cordially,
          Bob S.

          covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "weeping_calvinist"