1599 Geneva Bible Update, Ecclesiastes

  • SteveZ167
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2003
      Message
      I just finished uploading the book of Ecclesiastes from the 1599 Geneva Bible to my website.

      It can be accessed at:

      To download files there, just right click on the links, and choose Save As.

      Also I have posted many articles on my Geneva Bible Yahoo Group to explain the history and differences of the Geneva Bible, here is link to the group:

      Here is the Argument:

      The Argument

      Solomon as a Preacher and one that desired to instruct all in the way of salvation, describeth the deceivable vanities of this world: that man should not be addicted to anything under the sun, but rather inflamed with the desire of the heavenly life: therefore he confuteth their opinions, which set their felicity either in knowledge, or in pleasures, or in dignity and riches, showing that man’s true felicity consisteth in that, that he is united with God and shall enjoy his presence: so that all other things must be rejected, save in as much as they further us to attain to his heavenly treasure, which is sure and permanent, and cannot be found in any other save God alone.

      Home Page
      1599 Geneva Bible Online

      1 Corinthians 14:8 And also if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to battle?
      Yahoo Group Owner