RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Authorized Version & KJV-only Extremism

  • SteveZ167
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2003
      Message
      Question... Why is the KJV called the Authorized Version?

      My answer is because a King had a bias to God's Word the Geneva Bible because it threatened his kingship besides the Catholics wanted the Geneva Bible to be replaced also. Plus the Geneva Bible was against Freemasons and secret fraternities which have proven throughout history to be worshiping Lucifer and not the God of the Bible.

      Steve

      Home Page
      1599 Geneva Bible Online

      1 Corinthians 14:8 And also if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to battle?
      Yahoo Group Owner
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2003
        Tom,

        I'd suggest you try using the New King James Version. Although I
        personally think that it is an inferior translation in some ways,
        largely because modern English is ill-suited to a translation from
        antiquity, it has many advantages in comprehension for your average
        reader.

        Riley
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Britton"
        <bander1643@y...> wrote:
        > I am curious about what any of you think about Noah Webster's
        Preface