1599 Geneva Bible Update, Psalms

  • SteveZ167
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2003
      Message
      The wonderful and beautiful book of Psalms from the 1599 Geneva Bible is now available from my website, I broke it into into 2 files because of size, so the first 77 Psalms are in the first PDF file and the rest are in the second PDF file.

      It can be accessed at:

      To download files there, just right click on the links, and choose Save As.

      Also I have posted many articles on my Geneva Bible Yahoo Group to explain the history and differences of the Geneva Bible, here is link to the group:

      Here is the Argument:

      The Psalms Of

       David

      The Argument

      This book of Psalms is set forth unto us by the holy Ghost, to be esteemed as a most precious treasure, wherein all things are contained that appertain to true felicity, as well in this life present as in the life to come. For the riches of true knowledge and heavenly wisdom, are here set open for us, to take thereof most abundantly. If we would know the great and high majesty of God, here we may see the brightness thereof shine most clearly. If we would seek his incomprehensible wisdom, here is the school of the same profession. If we would comprehend his inestimable bounty, and approach near thereunto, and fill our hands with that treasure, here we may have a most lively and comfortable taste thereof. If we would know wherein standeth our salvation, and how to attain to life everlasting, here is Christ our only redeemer, and mediator most evidently described. The rich man may learn the true use of his riches. The poor man may find full contention. He that will rejoice, shall know the true joy, and how to keep measure therein. They that are afflicted and oppressed shall see wherein standeth their comfort, and how they ought to praise God when he sendeth them deliverance. The wicked and the persecutors of the children of God shall see how the hand of God is ever against them: and though he suffer them to prosper for awhile, yet he bridleth them, in so much as they cannot touch an hair of ones head except he permit them, and how in the end their destruction is most miserable. Briefly, here we may have most present remedies against all tentations and troubles of mind and conscience, so that being well practiced herein, we may be assured against all dangers in this life, live in the true fear and love of God, and at length attain to that incorruptible crown of glory, which is laid up for all them that love the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

      Home Page
      1599 Geneva Bible Online

      Yahoo Group Owner

    • weeping_calvinist
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2003
        Thanks for the work you're doing, Steve.

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "SteveZ167"

      • SteveZ167
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 29, 2003
          Message
          Thank you, I give God the glory for allowing me the time and all the blessings I get from putting this project together, and for protecting me from all the people who don't like the old versions that translated the true Word of God, those Modern Versions are so distorted.

          Steve

          Home Page
          1599 Geneva Bible Online

          Yahoo Group Owner

        • s.padbury@tiscali.co.uk
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
            Hi Steve,

            Is this online G.B. project of yours one day going to provide a paper version?
            I'd love to see the G.B. re-typeset and back in print.

            Smion.

            Broadband from an unbeatable £19.99!
            http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/index2.html?code=ha-nl-11ac
          • SteveZ167
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
              Message
              Someday I hope to be able to do that, but I would need help in getting it reformatted and printed.

              Steve

              Home Page
              1599 Geneva Bible Online

              Yahoo Group Owner

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
                Steve,

                You might look into seeing if the guy who runs
                http://www.apuritansmind.com can help. He appears to have software
                and publishing contacts for some publishing products he's working on.

                Kind regards,
                Chris

                <stevez167@m...> wrote:
                > Someday I hope to be able to do that, but I would need help in
                getting it
                > reformatted and printed.
                >
                > Steve
                >

                > <mailto:Stevez167@M...> Stevez167@M...
                > Home Page
                > <http://www.genevabible.org/> http://www.genevabible.org
                > 1599 Geneva Bible Online
                >
                > Yahoo Group Owner
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Watchman_on_the_wall/

                Update, Psalms

                > Hi Steve,
                >
                > Is this online G.B. project of yours one day going to provide a
                paper
                > version?
                > I'd love to see the G.B. re-typeset and back in print.
                >
                > Smion.
                >

                > Broadband from an unbeatable £19.99!
                > http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/index2.html?code=ha-nl-
                11ac

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
                7061139

                26:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124ukap9t/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitake
                nattogy
                > o?YH=3707890&yhad=1595054> Click Here!
                >
                > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupmai
                > l/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=500690241>

                > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              • SteveZ167
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
                  Message
                  Thank you, I have visited this site many times, and I will keep them in mind also.

                  Steve

                  Home Page
                  1599 Geneva Bible Online

                  1 Corinthians 14:8 And also if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to battle?
                  Yahoo Group Owner