Re: [Covenanted Reformation] What happens when you sin?

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2003
      I don't think it's a hindering of God per se. God is not required to
      chastise believers according to the full extent of punishment their sin
      deserves, nor does he -- Christ having borne the just and full wrath of God
      in their stead. God is often merciful and longsuffering towards his
      children, even in his chastisement of them.

      I think John Owen touches on this topic in his work on the mortification of
      sin in believers, I also believe his exposition of Psalm 130 does as well.
      http://www.reformed.org/books/owen/vol6/

      Martin

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2003
        Dear Martin,

        Thank you for the link if I have any questions after
        I read it I will let you know.
        Kim

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com