1599 Geneva Bible Update, Esther

  • SteveZ167
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      I just finished uploading the book of Esther from the 1599 Geneva Bible to my website.
      It can be accessed at:
      To download files there, just right click on the links, and choose Save As.
      Also I have posted many articles on my Geneva Bible Yahoo Group to explain the history and differences of the Geneva Bible, here is link to the group:
      Here is the Argument:

      The Argument

      Because of the diversity of names, whereby they used to name their Kings, and the supputation of years wherein the Hebrews and the Grecians do vary, diverse authors write diversely as touching this Ahashverosh, but it seemeth, Dan. 6:1 and 9:1 that he was Darius king of the Medes, and son of Astyages, called also Ahashverosh, which was a name of honor, and signified great and chief as chief head. Herein is declared the great mercies of God toward his Church: who never faileth them in their great dangers, but when all hope of worldly help faileth, he ever stirreth up some, by whom he sendeth comfort and deliverance. Herein also is described the ambition, pride and cruelty of the wicked, when they come to honor, and their sudden fall when they are at highest and our God preserveth and preferreth them which are zealous of his glory, and have a care and love toward their brethren.
      Home Page
      1599 Geneva Bible Online
      Yahoo Group Owner