Anti-Toleration

  • christ_saves_sinners
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2003
      Thanks everyone who has been involved in the discussion over the
      direction of the Synod. And thanks Glenn, for the quote. You linked
      from the True Covenanter site. I think that in this discussion,
      there should be some thought as to the principles that Synod drew
      from the Scriptures for Separation.

      If you go back to the True Covenanter website, you will find many
      articles by many of the Reformers speaking to the topic of anti-
      toleration.

      http://www.truecovenanter.com/anti_toleration/index.html

      In looking at what the Reformers said about getting Heresy, and
      Scandal out of the Church, we tend to think about the heresy and
      scandal that was taught and how the Reformers responded from
      Scripture. But most often, due to our concept
      of "denominationalism", many don't consider the fact that one of the
      reasons for outing revealed mixture and error is for Her Unity. She
      cannot have Unity if she be divided over that which she has
      previously attained to. That would be a double-minded Church, and
      one of visible blemish. Hope that sparks some kind of meditation
      upon the importance of the Unity of the Church to these men.

      -Shawn Anderson
      Albany Covenanter Reformed Presbyterian Church (CRPC)