Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Question for Covenanters

  • loozinga@juno.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 3, 2003
      Dear RS;

      On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:48:46 -0400 (EDT) randssmith@... writes:
      > Jozinky,
      > A few days ago i sent you a specific swrb.com link dealing with the
      > issues on your mind.
      > Your reply was a request that i not send you "any more of this
      > stuff."
      > Are you inquiring to learn?
      > Did i send the right link?
      >
      > RS

      For one I do have several e-mail accounts and I get quite a bit of
      "stuff" in them. Much of the "stuff" is real junk of the basest sort you
      could imagine. I usually delete without even giving them a second look.
      I am not interested in clicking on some unknown link only to have a pound
      and a half of some woman's putrid flesh staring me in the moxie. The one
      you sent contained no salutation; no signature; no nuttin.. except a web
      link. Additionally you sent it off list so I had no idea it was from
      someone on one of the many lists I am subbed to. Ergo I delete and
      request not to receive any more. Maybe if you would have at least said
      who you were or what the link was about I might have considered it. But
      now my question to you is... why did you send it off list but now call my
      attention to it on the list? That certainly makes no sense. And yes I am
      asking questions because I do want to learn what others believe about the
      Bible and Christianity. I often get a "go to this link if you want to
      find out" response and I simply do not have the time to follow every link
      that folks want me to read. I see nothing inadequate with a simple
      question and answer format. If a person cannot explain his position
      without sending the enquirer all over the internet for answers then why
      have 'discussion' lists at all. Don't get me wrong; web pages do have
      their place but I do not believe they should take the place of a
      question answer format.

      So... lest I wax long-winded, if you send me anything else could you at
      least tell me what it is and who you are? Otherwise I will probably just
      delete it and ask not to receive any more "stuff". Thanks.

      Jozinky

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Dan Fraas
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 11, 2003
        "By the way, I am a US citizen, and do not believe I am bound to the
        US Constitution."

        Shawn,

        Only the federal government was originally bound by the
        Constitution. Today it is treated as if it also binds all state,
        county, and munincipal governments as well. It still does not bind
        individuals. Otherwise you'd be required to tolerate free speech and
        the free excercise of religion in your own house! The Constitution
        is not a covenant that binds individuals, but a foundational law that
        binds the government.

        Riley
        christ_saves_sinners <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Roche
        > <tertullianus_2000@y...> wrote:
        > > Various honest covenanter questions:
        > >
        > > 1) Can the SL&C contain error? If it can, who has the
        > > authority to recognize that error, and revise the
        > > covenant, releasing those bound by that covenant from
        > > continued adherence to those aspects now recognized as
        > > false?
        > >
        > > 2) Can the President of the USA, and/or the Congress
        > > of the USA, bind Americans today and their posterity
        > > with a new covenant? If not, why not?
        >
        > I agreed with all "gwm" said, and would like to add, has not the US
        > already bound its citizens and their posterity to a Covenant? We
        are
        > bound, according to the US magistrate, to uphold the US
        Constitution