Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Question for Covenanters

  • randssmith@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 3, 2003
      Jozinky,
      A few days ago i sent you a specific swrb.com link dealing with the
      issues on your mind.
      Your reply was a request that i not send you "any more of this stuff."
      Are you inquiring to learn?
      Did i send the right link?

      RS
    • Dan Fraas
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 11, 2003
        "By the way, I am a US citizen, and do not believe I am bound to the
        US Constitution."

        Shawn,

        Only the federal government was originally bound by the
        Constitution. Today it is treated as if it also binds all state,
        county, and munincipal governments as well. It still does not bind
        individuals. Otherwise you'd be required to tolerate free speech and
        the free excercise of religion in your own house! The Constitution
        is not a covenant that binds individuals, but a foundational law that
        binds the government.

        Riley
        christ_saves_sinners <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Roche
        > <tertullianus_2000@y...> wrote:
        > > Various honest covenanter questions:
        > >
        > > 1) Can the SL&C contain error? If it can, who has the
        > > authority to recognize that error, and revise the
        > > covenant, releasing those bound by that covenant from
        > > continued adherence to those aspects now recognized as
        > > false?
        > >
        > > 2) Can the President of the USA, and/or the Congress
        > > of the USA, bind Americans today and their posterity
        > > with a new covenant? If not, why not?
        >
        > I agreed with all "gwm" said, and would like to add, has not the US
        > already bound its citizens and their posterity to a Covenant? We
        are
        > bound, according to the US magistrate, to uphold the US
        Constitution