Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Question for Covenanters

  • Martin D
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 1 9:44 AM
      I have not personally sworn the covenant. To my knowledge, others have not
      done so in an official capacity either. I may be wrong concerning that
      point and you should obtain a specific answer from any party you
      specifically have in mind.

      Martin

      >From: "Dan Fraas" <fraasrd@...>
      >To: covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Question for Covenanters
      >Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 13:25:42 -0000
      >
      >Yes,
      >
      >Thank you, Martin. I understand that position. However it doesn't
      >fully answer my question. Have you guys sworn the covenant or not?
      >If so, how?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >
      >Riley
      >--- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Martin"
      ><paleopuritan@h...> wrote:
      > > We are bound by the covenant whether we personally swear it or not.
      > >
      > > Martin

    • Dan Fraas
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 11 12:46 PM
        "By the way, I am a US citizen, and do not believe I am bound to the
        US Constitution."

        Shawn,

        Only the federal government was originally bound by the
        Constitution. Today it is treated as if it also binds all state,
        county, and munincipal governments as well. It still does not bind
        individuals. Otherwise you'd be required to tolerate free speech and
        the free excercise of religion in your own house! The Constitution
        is not a covenant that binds individuals, but a foundational law that
        binds the government.

        Riley
        christ_saves_sinners <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Roche
        > <tertullianus_2000@y...> wrote:
        > > Various honest covenanter questions:
        > >
        > > 1) Can the SL&C contain error? If it can, who has the
        > > authority to recognize that error, and revise the
        > > covenant, releasing those bound by that covenant from
        > > continued adherence to those aspects now recognized as
        > > false?
        > >
        > > 2) Can the President of the USA, and/or the Congress
        > > of the USA, bind Americans today and their posterity
        > > with a new covenant? If not, why not?
        >
        > I agreed with all "gwm" said, and would like to add, has not the US
        > already bound its citizens and their posterity to a Covenant? We
        are
        > bound, according to the US magistrate, to uphold the US
        Constitution