Thanks!!

  • twogunfighter544
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2003
      I am mainly a lurker here so many of you do not know me. I enjoy
      reading the topics discussed but, as I am not a member of your
      denomination, I rarely post. I am also a member of two other boards.
      One is the Puritanboard, which I highly reccommend, and the other
      will remain anonymous. I have seen on other boards a very high level
      of vituperativeness that is disconcerting (even to a Calvinist). I am
      really impressed by the way which the members of this board conduct
      themselves while online. I appreciate the loving manner that I have
      always been received, even when I have posted comments that were
      contrary to your denomination's doctrine. Unfortunately many of the
      more strict denominations seem to have lost the concept of Christian
      love but here on your board I do not get that impression about the
      Covenanters. Anyway just wanted to let you guys know that although I
      am at odds with you guys on many of the particulars of ecclesiology,
      I appreciate the loving way you stand for your convictions. I know
      that it is a difficult tightrope to walk and you are proving your
      love for our Creator by your actions toward His creations.

      Thanks
      Chuck
    • thebishopsdoom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2003
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, twogunfighter544
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > I am
        > really impressed by the way which the members of this board conduct
        > themselves while online. I appreciate the loving manner that I
        have
        > always been received, even when I have posted comments that were
        > contrary to your denomination's doctrine. Unfortunately many of
        the
        > more strict denominations seem to have lost the concept of
        Christian
        > love but here on your board I do not get that impression about the
        > Covenanters.
        Greetings of Doom!
        Well, I just wanted to point out that on June 14, 2003, the very day
        after twogunfighter544 shot out of his double barrel this assault of
        heavy flower power in posting of this message about his appreciation
        of a spirit of brotherly love and understanding in Raging / Weepy's
        Covenantedreformationclub, the Hatfields and McCoys signed a peace
        treaty, calling an official truce to end their generations long feud.
        Coincidence? You decide...
        - Doom
      • weeping_calvinist
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2003
          Chuck wrote, "Unfortunately many of the more strict denominations
          seem to have lost the concept of Christian love but here on your
          board I do not get that impression about the Covenanters."

          I again thank Chuck for these kind words, and thank all of those in
          this club that have provoked these kind words.

          But I wanted to point out that I've met plenty of wonderfull,
          caring,
          kind, and loving Christians who have never even heard of the
          Covenanters. And on the other side of the coin, perhaps the most
          evil, lying, cheating, thieving, covenant-breaking, cruel, and
          unloving beast of a man I've ever personally met claimed to be a
          Covenanter.

          So let it be known, that there are fine Christian people of many
          denominational associations, and conversely, there are those who
          cause the Gentiles to blaspheme even among the Covenanters.

          For this I still weep, for the Church, for my family, and for my own
          sinfulness,