Honouring God-Trusting His Methods

  • Thomas Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2003
      I pray that you may be enabled more and more to honour
      the Lord by believing His promise: for He is not like
      a man that should fail or change, or be prevented by
      anything unforeseen from doing what He has said. And
      yet we find it easier to trust to worms than to the
      God of truth. Is it not so with you? And I can assure
      you it is often so with me. But here is the mercy,
      that His ways are above ours, as the heavens are
      higher than the earth. Though we are foolish and
      unbelieving, He remains faithful; He will not deny
      Himself. I recommend to you especially that promise of
      God, which is so comprehensive that it takes in all
      our concernments, I mean, that all things shall work
      together for good. How hard is it to believe, that not
      only those things which are grievous to the flesh, but
      even those things which draw forth our corruptions,
      and discover to us what is in our hearts, and fill us
      with guilt and shame, should in the issue work for our
      good! Yet the Lord has said it. All your pains and
      trials, all that befalls you in your own person, or
      that affects you upon the account of others, shall in
      the end prove to your advantage. And your peace does
      not depend upon any change of circumstance which may
      appear desirable, but in having your will bowed to the
      Lord's will, and made willing to submit all to His
      disposal and management. Pray for this, and wait
      patiently for Him, and He will do it. Be not surprised
      to find yourself poor, helpless, and vile; all whom He
      favours and teaches will find themselves so. The more
      grace increases, the more we shall see to abase us in
      our own eyes; and this will make the Saviour and His
      salvation more precious to us. He takes His own wise
      methods to humble you, and to prove you, and I am sure
      He will do you good in the end.

      I am, &c.

      http://calendar.yahoo.com