One Thing Needed

  • Thomas Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2003
      More:

      I see daily, and I hope you have likewise learned,
      that places and outward circumstances cannot of
      themselves either hinder or help us in walking with
      God. So far as He is pleased to be with us, and to
      teach us by His Spirit, wherever we are we shall get
      forward; and if He does not bless us and water us
      every moment, the more we have of our own wishes and
      wills, the more uneasy we shall make ourselves.

      One thing is needful; an humble, dependent spirit, to
      renounce our own wills, and give up ourselves to His
      disposal without reserve. This is the path of peace;
      and it is the path of safety; for He has said, the
      meek He will teach His way, and those who yield up
      themselves to Him He will guide with His eye. I hope
      you will fight and pray against every rising of a
      murmuring spirit, and be thankful for the great things
      which He has already done for you. It is good to be
      humbled for sin, but not to be discouraged: for though
      we are poor creatures, Jesus is a complete Saviour and
      we bring more honour to God by believing in His name
      and trusting His word of promise, than we could do by
      a thousand outward works.

      I pray the Lord to shine upon your soul, and to fill
      you with all joy and peace in believing. Remember to
      pray for us, that we may be brought home to you in
      peace.

      I am, &c.

      http://calendar.yahoo.com