Re: Creed Recitation

  • Dan Fraas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4 1:06 PM
      I hope no one minds if I answer my own question, since no one else
      responded. I think the
      answer can be found in the basic Christian profession of faith as
      mentioned in Romans 10 and other places.

      Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord
      Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from
      the dead, thou shalt be saved.
      10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with
      the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

      This verse and others like it may give justification for believers
      confessing their faith in their own words. If we can confess our
      faith in our own words, why couldn't we collectively agree on some
      good words and say it together?

      For Christ's Crown and Covenant!

      Riley

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fraas"