Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Terms of Christian and Ministerial Communion

  • weeping_calvinist
    Message 1 of 12 , May 27, 2003
      There are plenty of places on the net where you can go and talk about
      your heretical views of jesus and christianity. But you can't do it
      here.

      Bye.

      gmw.
    • seamrog1935
      Message 2 of 12 , May 27, 2003
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Humphrey"
        <dhump3@h...> wrote:

        We do read the Word of God (the Bible), which has been faithfully
        exegeted and taught by the Reformers of the first and second
        reformations and for which fields flowed red with their martyr
        blood. I have yet see to any other form of Church Government in the
        Bible other than the Presbyterian form of governance. We believe in
        Jesus Christ, God incarnate in the flesh, Saviour, Messiah, the
        Passover Lamb, through whom all Jewish ceremonial laws have been
        fulfilled perfectly, and by whom a new dispensation of the Covenant
        of Grace was introduced.

        Whit
      • Martin
        Message 3 of 12 , May 28, 2003
          Thanks Gerry.

          Here is something that strikes me as odd though:

          Dennis Humphrey wrote:

          On May 11, 2003:
          >>> I have 3 sets of the Puritan Bookshelf by SWRB for sale at $150 (New).
          If any one is intererested go to churchhistorian.com to see the contents.
          Call 1-800-887-5141 to order. Dennis <<<

          On May 12, 2003:
          >>> New site churchhistorian.com <<<

          On May 27, 2003:
          >>> What is this "Divine right" stuff. Wonder if maybe reading the Word of
          G-d would be better then reading the works of men. Instead of covenanted
          reformation which has lead no where, would not understanding the real roots
          of the faith. You believe in the Jewish Messiah, not a european reformer.
          Yeshua was a orthodox Jew, ate kosher, kept the Feast, kept the Shabbat,
          taught Torah. This is the problem are you going to strive to know a white
          european "Jesus", who has been interpreted through the eyes of rome and
          later through "reformers" or are you going to strive to know the Jewish
          Messiah Yeshua. These two worlds do not go together, nor is there such a
          thing as divine right. The challenge is to face who you worship, who you
          serve. <<<

          Someone who is so anti-Reformation is selling two of the greatest
          collections of Reformed works ever compiled?

          ie:
          http://churchhistorian.com/id22.htm
          http://churchhistorian.com/id23.htm

          Note, the very work I recommended on the topic of divine right is for sale
          on his website:
          http://churchhistorian.com/id67.htm

          Martin

          Message 4 of 12 , May 28, 2003
            VERY strange indeed!

            Dennis Humphrey wrote:

            On May 11, 2003:
            >>> I have 3 sets of the Puritan Bookshelf by SWRB for sale at $150 (New).
            If any one is intererested go to churchhistorian.com to see the contents.
            Call 1-800-887-5141 to order. Dennis <<<

            On May 12, 2003:
            >>> New site churchhistorian.com <<<

            On May 27, 2003:
            >>> What is this "Divine right" stuff. Wonder if maybe reading the Word of
            G-d would be better then reading the works of men. Instead of  covenanted
            reformation which has lead no where, would not understanding the real roots
            of the faith. You believe in the Jewish Messiah, not a european reformer.
            Yeshua was a orthodox Jew, ate kosher, kept the Feast, kept the Shabbat,
            taught Torah. This is the problem are you going to strive to know a white
            european "Jesus", who has been interpreted through the eyes of rome and
            later through "reformers" or are you going to strive to know the Jewish
            Messiah Yeshua. These two worlds do not go together, nor is there such a
            thing as divine right. The challenge is to face who you worship, who you
            serve. <<<

            Someone who is so anti-Reformation is selling two of the greatest
            collections of Reformed works ever compiled?

            ie:
            http://churchhistorian.com/id22.htm
            http://churchhistorian.com/id23.htm

            Note, the very work I recommended on the topic of divine right is for sale
            on his website:
            http://churchhistorian.com/id67.htm

            Martin

            > There are plenty of places on the net where you can go and talk about
            > your heretical views of jesus and christianity.  But you can't do it
            > here.
            >
            > Bye.

          • Dan Fraas
            Message 5 of 12 , May 29, 2003
              I suppose Gerry doesn't endorse the Covenanted Reformation except for
              personal monetary gain.

              Riley
              <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
              > VERY strange indeed!
              >
              > gmw.
              Ministerial Communion

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Service.
            • seamrog1935
              Message 6 of 12 , May 29, 2003
                What bothered me in that statement from Church Historian was the
                liberal semi-syncretic stance and especially the words "struggle of
                man to cope with His Creator". A little relativistic since it seems
                to imply that we and our "chief end" are merely to co-exist with
                God. What nonsense! We are to remember the Lord our God and keep
                his commandments, and as far as our end goes, the Shorter (?)
                Catechism hits is right on the head with its first question: "Man's
                chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever." I could go
                on about Church Historian's heresies, but I won't.

                Whit

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
                <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
                > Here, this explains it. Seems though the name implies it's about
                > church history, the site is really about most everything
                > (but most especially Judaism).
                >

                > "Welcome to Church Historian. This site spans the history of
                mankind
                > and those historical events and individuals that have shaped the
                > present. History as we all know is documentation of individual
                acts
                > and/ or actions. Subjects on this site will range from Creation to
                the
                > Modern period, with emphasis on Jewish and Christian history.
                While
                > the name is Church Historian, other subject areas will be added as
                > quality materials become available. The primary purpose will be to
                > present as many primary source documents, historical works now out
                of
                > print, and individual works as possible. The site is not limited to
                > just Church history. The reality is that G-d is the Creator and
                man's
                > documented history is the struggle of man to cope with his
                Creator.
                > This is a site will be in continual development, so please check
                back
                > often."
                >
                > I figure if they wanna sell the good stuff next to the jumk that's
                > cool. To those with eyes to see and ears to hear the Truth is even
                > more glaring when placed in contrast to lies, right?
                >

                > Susan
                > p.s. Hi Gerald M. It's nice to see your posts.
                >

                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Martin"
                > <paleopuritan@h...> wrote:
                > > Thanks Gerry.
                > >
                > > Here is something that strikes me as odd though:
                > >
                > > Dennis Humphrey wrote:
                > >
                > > On May 11, 2003:
                > (New).
                > > If any one is intererested go to churchhistorian.com to see the
                > contents.
                > > Call 1-800-887-5141 to order. Dennis <<<
                > >
                > > On May 12, 2003:
                > >
                > > On May 27, 2003:
                > Word of
                > > G-d would be better then reading the works of men. Instead of
                > covenanted
                > > reformation which has lead no where, would not understanding the
                > real roots
                > > of the faith. You believe in the Jewish Messiah, not a european
                > reformer.
                > > Yeshua was a orthodox Jew, ate kosher, kept the Feast, kept the
                > Shabbat,
                > > taught Torah. This is the problem are you going to strive to know
                > white
                > > european "Jesus", who has been interpreted through the eyes of
                rome
                > and
                > > later through "reformers" or are you going to strive to know the
                > Jewish
                > > Messiah Yeshua. These two worlds do not go together, nor is there
                > such a
                > > thing as divine right. The challenge is to face who you worship,
                who
                > you
                > > serve. <<<
                > >
                > > Someone who is so anti-Reformation is selling two of the greatest
                > > collections of Reformed works ever compiled?
                > >
                > > ie:
                > > http://churchhistorian.com/id22.htm
                > > http://churchhistorian.com/id23.htm
                > >
                > > Note, the very work I recommended on the topic of divine right is
                > for sale
                > > on his website:
                > > http://churchhistorian.com/id67.htm
                > >
                > > Martin

              • Thomas Britton
                Message 7 of 12 , May 29, 2003
                  Gee,

                  I kinda liked his semi-synthetic trance ;-) Sure
                  wreaked havoc with his spelling though, eh?

                  "Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him
                  that
                  rideth upon the heavens by his name
                  ((((((((((JAH))))))))))
                  and rejoice before him."

                  - David, a man after God's own heart.

                  http://calendar.yahoo.com
                • kim White
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 30, 2003
                    Maybe Man's emnity with God would be a better word
                    chose. I can see where the word cope is to luke warm.
                    Like something we have to deal with or negotiate with.
                    Instead of our complete rebellion against God and God
                    loves to bring us back. His grace that he continues to
                    let the world exist instead of another flood.
                    Although, a few people are planning on building some
                    arks around her with all this rain lately.
                    Kim

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 30, 2003
                      The way he put it makes it sound like God is the problem, not
                      man. "How can we cope with this annoying God. Can we make him go
                      away?"

                      Riley
                      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, kim White
                      <sewingkim@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > of
                      > > > print, and individual works as possible. The site
                      > > is not limited to
                      > > > just Church history. The reality is that G-d is
                      > > the Creator and
                      > > man's
                      > > > documented history is the struggle of man to cope
                      > > with his
                      > > Creator.
                      > > > This is a site will be in continual development,
                      > > so please check
                      > > back
                      > > > often."
                      > > >
                      > > > I figure if they wanna sell the good stuff next to
                      > > the jumk that's
                      > > > cool. To those with eyes to see and ears to hear
                      > > the Truth is even
                      > > > more glaring when placed in contrast to lies,
                      > > right?
                      > > >

                      > > > Susan
                      > > > p.s. Hi Gerald M. It's nice to see your posts.

                    • kim White
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 30, 2003
                        Eear Dan,

                        I have tried to get rid of God it don't work. He's
                        always persistant when I am not. I was thinking the
                        other day I have been telling God to often how to run
                        the unverise if he would just listen to me everything
                        would be okay. Instead of a humble submission usually
                        this is the key to the whole problem. Its my harden
                        unrepented heart is the problem with mankind.
                        Chestertown was ask What was the problem with today's
                        world. He sum it up in two words It's me.
                        To sum it up I'm the problem not God.
                        Kim

                        === message truncated ===

                        http://calendar.yahoo.com