Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Finally

  • Irene Flewelling
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2003
      lol!  Man, that was great.  I figure those calculations can apply to both guys and girls, so, I found them quite interesting.  Now whenever someone gives me that LOOK and says, "you don't date?! why???" I can tell them because the right guy will be dead anyway before I ever meet him.  haha!!!  At least I'd leave a lasting impression in their minds, right?  ('Irene's nuttier than I thought!')  Anyway......... :)  Thanks, I enjoyed that link! :D
      ~~Irene

      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2003
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Irene Flewelling"
        <hisbanneroverme@s...> wrote:
        > lol! Man, that was great. I figure those calculations can apply
        to both guys and girls, so, I found them quite interesting.

        The author never looked at the demographic for women finding men. It
        may be totally and completely different. In fact, I'm sure it must
        be. Don't try playing off your statistical sleight of hand tomfoolery
        and subterfudge to make it somehow appear as unlikely for some lady
        out there as for, well, me (of course). Let's not start playing fuzzy
        math and abusing statistics, discrediting such an important and
        scientific study, abusing the beloved science of mathematics for your
        own personal gains. I will not be bought off by your ruse
        calculations and technical monkeyshine!
        :)
        -the charlie brown of Doom
      • thebishopsdoom
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2003
          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
          <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
          > Doom, you are crackin' me up. :)
          >
          > Finding a mate is EASY (cough cough). You just email your friend
          Jerry
          > whining about the latest mate-search disaster...

          Ahem. Oh ye of little knowledge.
          Before ever you wrote a wit to Sir Raging, doctor of luvology, he had
          a previous experiment, the experiment that went awry, the blob that
          ate New York if you will, the haggis that bit the hand that feeds. It
          lasted about a year, well, actually, now that I think of it I guess
          it may have only been 7 months. Her family were Utah mormons, so
          didn't want anything to do with helping her find some Christian guy,
          and she came into contact with me, of whom she expressed some
          interest, via Dr. Raging.
          Then it happened. Jer quite incidentally ended up uncovering a
          tangled web of deceit that I'd rather not get into (so don't even
          ask - I think even Raging would prefer to keep that whole episode in
          the past). So to the point: Been there. Done that.
          Anyway, my "mate-search disasters" haven't so much been actual
          disasters as dodging icebergs before they hit. When I have been
          approached the past few years by ladies from time to time forward
          enough to ask me for a potential relationship, there always seems to
          be no or little spirituality (or in some cases, well, let's just say
          I have heard at least one such person utter the phrase "REAL
          Christianity, like Benny Hinn"), always it seems neither reformed nor
          open to learning, often there are already out of wedlock children,
          etc. (Ok, there was at least one nice lady work unlike those
          described above that had some interest for a while that was probably
          willing to learn / consider reformed theology, this was at about the
          time I was just getting to know the Raging love disaster person
          mentioned above, but I hadn't figured out that this other lady had
          any interest in me until after she had found another guy - who
          incidentally, she is now married to, though to be fair she had hinted
          at interest before - it's just that sometimes I can be pretty blind
          to hints, sometimes you have to bonk me over the head with a stupid
          stick). I've had people at work try to play matchmaker, too, though
          only rarely (one wanted to hitch me up with a daughter, one wanted to
          introduce me to a neice, and a few wanted to try to get me together
          with this or that coworker). But
          the situations were no better than than those described above (and
          some of the ones people wanted to match me with weren't that great
          looking anyway). So I've spent time the past few years dodging
          icebergs rather than calling on FEMA to clean up after a declared
          disaster.
          Hence, back to the main subject at hand, my groping reliance on the
          statistical, mathematical, and scientistical study humbly submitted
          unto you to justify my current abiding status.
          -doom