Re: [Covenanted Reformation] The Death of Christ

  • jozinky
    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2003
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
      <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
      > Sorry you couldn't find anything, Looie. Maybe this will help jog
      your
      > memory.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/bkjs
      >
      > Those are some posts to peruse for starters. In post 6115 I believe
      > you intimated that you were leaving. After that you didn't post
      until
      > now so I assumed you had indeed left the group. I assumed improperly
      > it seems. At any rate, enjoy reading those posts. There may be more,
      > that was just a quick search I did.
      >
      > Susan

      Dear Susan;

      OK thanks 4 finding those old posts. I dont know how I missed them in
      my search. I usually save posts but I did not save these so forgot
      about them. However, in reading thru them I STILL did not see
      anything that would substantiate your charge of hyperism. Most of them
      were over the issue of regeneration. I did see several questions I
      had asked both you and Jerry that went unanswered. Did you want to get
      a bit more specific as what you mean by hypercalvinistic rhetoric?
      Perhaps a quote from something I said in those posts.

      Thanks;
      Joz...
    • Dennis Humphrey
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2003

        New site churchhistorian.com

        Dennis

      • jozinky
        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2003
          <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
          > Nah, I don't think so. I don't want to go back and read through
          those
          > posts as I didn't like the conversation the first time.

          Dear Susan;

          Thanks; I didn't think you would follow through. In such case I am
          sure you would want to be more careful with leveling charges against
          others that you are not prepared to substantiate.

          Joz..
        • Jason Robert Schuiling
          Message 4 of 11 , May 15, 2003
            Boy Loo-sauce, some kinda jerk you are, didn't your mother teach you
            how to treat a lady? Susan has shown you more patience and answered
            more of your questions than the arrogant, "I don't know what you're
            talking about...?", trouble-causers like yourself deserve. Susan's
            charges were more substantiated than they needed to be, thank you.
            How 'bout acting more like a man and less like bratty toddler that
            isn't getting his way, huh?

            Jason

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "jozinky"
            <loozinga@j...> wrote:
            > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
            > <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
            > > Nah, I don't think so. I don't want to go back and read through
            > those
            > > posts as I didn't like the conversation the first time.
            >
            > Dear Susan;
            >
            > Thanks; I didn't think you would follow through. In such case I am
            > sure you would want to be more careful with leveling charges
            against
            > others that you are not prepared to substantiate.
            >
            > Joz..
          • thebishopsdoom
            Message 5 of 11 , May 17, 2003
              <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
              > Well, we'll let anyone interested read the posts for themselves and
              > see if they see any hypercalvinistc rhetoric, or not. I've given
              the
              > pertinent post numbers for anyone who cares to see. My guess is
              that
              > not many will be interested enough to see.
              >
              > Moving on...
              > Susan
              Yeah, but if no one looks back at some of the old club postings from
              the classic days of the hypercalvinist debates (to which most of us
              are both repulsed and yet attracted as a moth to flame), they will
              miss such unforgettable moments as
              Message 2230 of 8519...

              "If a hyper-calvinist beats himself to death with a shovel, is the
              purpose and design of a shovel to kill?
              If a hyper-calvinist jumps off a bridge, did the engineer design the
              bridge for suicides?
              If a Christian speaks peace to a hyper-calvinist, are either of them
              regenerate?
              When the Brazen Serpent was lifted up before the people of Israel,
              was it's purpose
              to make people die of snakebites?
              When a reprobate sits down to eat his meal, should he be thankful to
              God for cursing him with food?
              Enough of
              the stupid questions, please.
              gmw."