Re: [Covenanted Reformation] The Death of Christ

  • Looie J Zinga
    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2003
      On Mon, 12 May 2003 03:37:54 -0000 "Susan" <susan_wilkinson@...>
      writes:
      > Hi Looie,
      >
      > If you go to post 2231 in this group you will see a post by gmw from
      > long time ago that well describes the kind of hypercalvinistic
      > rhetoric I'm talking about. Hopefully that will not describe you. :)
      >
      > Susan

      Dear Susan,

      Im still baffeled? Could you explain what prompted you to post what you
      did? What makes you think I engaged in hypercalvinistic rhetoric ?

      Joz..

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • jozinky
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2003
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
        <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
        > Hi Looie,
        >
        > If you do a search in the archives for the posts from the last time
        > you were here (I believe a lot of them had the subject line "CS
        > Lewis") and compare them to post 2231, you may be less baffled. If
        > you're still confused after reading those posts, then we'll just
        > assume I'm wrong for the moment and see what happens.

        Hello Susan;

        Well M'am... I searched hi n lo and found no such posts you are
        referring to? What do you mean by 'the last time
        > you were here'? Im still here. Maybe you have me confused with some
        other buddy. I think your assumption that you are wrong is probably
        well founded at this point. However it is possible I may have missed
        whatever posts you are referring to in my search; so if you could
        produce anything that I might have missed then we could take it from
        there. Otherwise it might not ne a bad idea to consider all the facts
        before leveling a judgment on someone without any support.

        > Hope you enjoy your time here. :) Although things have been a bit
        > quiet lately. Maybe you have something in particular you want to
        > discuss?

        How about... inordinate judgment of others. You could make the
        subject line read; Jumping the gun! Suggested text; John 7:24

        Joz
      • jozinky
        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2003
          <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
          > Sorry you couldn't find anything, Looie. Maybe this will help jog
          your
          > memory.
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/bkjs
          >
          > Those are some posts to peruse for starters. In post 6115 I believe
          > you intimated that you were leaving. After that you didn't post
          until
          > now so I assumed you had indeed left the group. I assumed improperly
          > it seems. At any rate, enjoy reading those posts. There may be more,
          > that was just a quick search I did.
          >
          > Susan

          Dear Susan;

          OK thanks 4 finding those old posts. I dont know how I missed them in
          my search. I usually save posts but I did not save these so forgot
          about them. However, in reading thru them I STILL did not see
          anything that would substantiate your charge of hyperism. Most of them
          were over the issue of regeneration. I did see several questions I
          had asked both you and Jerry that went unanswered. Did you want to get
          a bit more specific as what you mean by hypercalvinistic rhetoric?
          Perhaps a quote from something I said in those posts.

          Thanks;
          Joz...
        • Dennis Humphrey
          Message 4 of 11 , May 12, 2003

            New site churchhistorian.com

            Dennis

          • jozinky
            Message 5 of 11 , May 12, 2003
              <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
              > Nah, I don't think so. I don't want to go back and read through
              those
              > posts as I didn't like the conversation the first time.

              Dear Susan;

              Thanks; I didn't think you would follow through. In such case I am
              sure you would want to be more careful with leveling charges against
              others that you are not prepared to substantiate.

              Joz..
            • Jason Robert Schuiling
              Message 6 of 11 , May 15, 2003
                Boy Loo-sauce, some kinda jerk you are, didn't your mother teach you
                how to treat a lady? Susan has shown you more patience and answered
                more of your questions than the arrogant, "I don't know what you're
                talking about...?", trouble-causers like yourself deserve. Susan's
                charges were more substantiated than they needed to be, thank you.
                How 'bout acting more like a man and less like bratty toddler that
                isn't getting his way, huh?

                Jason

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "jozinky"
                <loozinga@j...> wrote:
                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"
                > <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
                > > Nah, I don't think so. I don't want to go back and read through
                > those
                > > posts as I didn't like the conversation the first time.
                >
                > Dear Susan;
                >
                > Thanks; I didn't think you would follow through. In such case I am
                > sure you would want to be more careful with leveling charges
                against
                > others that you are not prepared to substantiate.
                >
                > Joz..
              • thebishopsdoom
                Message 7 of 11 , May 17, 2003
                  <susan_wilkinson@q...> wrote:
                  > Well, we'll let anyone interested read the posts for themselves and
                  > see if they see any hypercalvinistc rhetoric, or not. I've given
                  the
                  > pertinent post numbers for anyone who cares to see. My guess is
                  that
                  > not many will be interested enough to see.
                  >
                  > Moving on...
                  > Susan
                  Yeah, but if no one looks back at some of the old club postings from
                  the classic days of the hypercalvinist debates (to which most of us
                  are both repulsed and yet attracted as a moth to flame), they will
                  miss such unforgettable moments as
                  Message 2230 of 8519...

                  "If a hyper-calvinist beats himself to death with a shovel, is the
                  purpose and design of a shovel to kill?
                  If a hyper-calvinist jumps off a bridge, did the engineer design the
                  bridge for suicides?
                  If a Christian speaks peace to a hyper-calvinist, are either of them
                  regenerate?
                  When the Brazen Serpent was lifted up before the people of Israel,
                  was it's purpose
                  to make people die of snakebites?
                  When a reprobate sits down to eat his meal, should he be thankful to
                  God for cursing him with food?
                  Enough of
                  the stupid questions, please.
                  gmw."