The weather out there...

  • thebishopsdoom
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2003
      I would kindly ask the reader to consider prayer at this time for the
      Christians in the Mid-western United States.
      I just read tonight of yet another day of violent storms and
      tornadoes across the midwest. One touched down today in a town where
      a friend of mine lives (who incidentally, I don't expect to hear from
      for some time as they wrote me not long ago that their home computer
      is out of commission and they are now limited on being able to send
      emails from where they are using a computer now - I presume maybe
      work, but I don't know - the news did say no injuries were reported
      from this twister, so I presume they are ok, though whether they had
      any property damage, I dunno).
      The CNN website states:
      "Tornadoes spawned from storms this month have already set a record,
      with 225 reported in the first seven days of May. More than 40 people
      have been killed in the non-stop storms.
      The previous record was in May of 1999, when 159 tornadoes were
      reported, McCarthy said."
      The weather is not expected to improve thru the weekend.
      -thebishopsdoom
      God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
      Yea though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear
      no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
      Let I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort.
      Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me.
      Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father
      of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all
      tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any
      trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
      Rejoice with them that do rejoice, weep with them that weep.