Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Extraordinary gifts and offices.

  • Ginny Dohms
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2003
      Martin,

      Have you read:

      A Reformation Discussion of Extraordinary Predictive Prophecy Subsequent to
      the Closing of the Canon of Scripture.

      It can be read online at:

      http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/index.html

      Ginny
    • Martin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2003
        Yes, I have read this interesting article and hope to read it again soon. I
        tend to agree with the substance of the article and I will need to spend
        some more time organizing my thoughts and examining some other sources on
        the issue in order to determine which additional questions I have. Do you
        know of any other SWRB materials on this topic?

        Martin

        > A Reformation Discussion of Extraordinary Predictive Prophecy Subsequent
        > the Closing of the Canon of Scripture.
        >
        > It can be read online at:
        >
        > http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/index.html
        >
        > Ginny

      • Ginny Dohms
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2003
          Hi Martin,

          Here are a few of the many places that deal with the subject as well.

          The Works of Gillespie, Vol 2 in his Miscellany Questions.
          Calvin's Institutes
          Rutherford's Survey of Spiritual Antichrist
          RPNA subordinate standards
          Durham's Commentary upon the Book of the Revelations
          David Steele's Two Witnesses and Notes on the Apocalypse
          Also Cotton, Scudder, Goodwin...

          Specific references can be found in the book I mentioned below and will
          direct you to the chapter and page of the above volumes where you can pursue
          more study on the issue.

          Hope that helps a little.

          Ginny

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/