the second commandment

  • jarubin2001us
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2001
      We all this talk of Islam and worshipping a false
      god. It is interesting to me how many evangelicals
      violate this commandment with pictures of Christ or even
      in their worship practice. I came from a reformed
      church before I moved to Oregon which allowed pictures
      of Chrit in the nursary. A few of us mentioned this
      does violate the second commandment. But to appease
      those who put them up said it did not violate the
      second commandment because they were in the nursary and
      not the santuary. How would you answer this
      objection? to me it seems like these men are playing lose
      witht the word of God at this point, by picking what
      commandments they like and rationalizing the ones they don't
      agree with.<br> Another example is the Lord's Day. Some
      of these elders will hold to a sticfew of the Lord's
      day and say we are not to violate it. We had a person
      who had to work on Saturday night late who was
      instructed to come to church. She fell asleep in the pew and
      started snoring everytime. To me that is a violation of
      the 4th and 2nd commandment. But the elders did
      nothing about this she was present physically, but how
      can you worship fast a sleep.<br>In Christ<br>Jeff R