They Gather in Glee!!

  • Deejay
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2003
      Message

      It aslo amazes me how some of the Reformed Faith demand Wesleyian like perfectionism from others.  Actually demand more than God ever would.

      And how when you fall flat on your face, there will be those who will be happy.   And be happy to shout...Hey, I'm so much more Holy and Righteous than you.  Well, I am glad it is well with there  soul to do so.

      11 Ruthless witnesses come forward;
      they question me on things I know nothing about.
      12 They repay me evil for good
      and leave my soul forlorn.
      13 Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth
      and humbled myself with fasting.
      When my prayers returned to me unanswered,
      14 I went about mourning
      as though for my friend or brother.
      I bowed my head in grief
      as though weeping for my mother.
      15 But when I stumbled, they gathered in glee;
      attackers gathered against me when I was unaware.
      They slandered me without ceasing.
      16 Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked [2] ;
      they gnashed their teeth at me.
      17 O Lord, how long will you look on?
      Rescue my life from their ravages,
      my precious life from these lions.
      18 I will give you thanks in the great assembly;
      among throngs of people I will praise you.

      19 Let not those gloat over me
      who are my enemies without cause;
      let not those who hate me without reason
      maliciously wink the eye.
      20 They do not speak peaceably,
      but devise false accusations
      against those who live quietly in the land.
      21 They gape at me and say, "Aha! Aha!
      With our own eyes we have seen it."