Re: [Covenanted Reformation] dark times in life, was

  • Gary Gearon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2003
      Well said, Dee Dee, and thank you for sharing your painful testimony. May
      God grant you continued comfort. He is gracious and faithful in all our
      sufferings and trials, even when we are not.

      In regard to "Blues" singers there are some notable Christian Blues singers
      (a la early 1900's) that have some absolutlely horrendous stories behind
      them. To mention one of the more notable ones: "Blind Willie Johnson," even
      the heathen blues singers know of Blind Willie Johnson. He is considered a
      master. His stepmother got into an argument with his father, and she poured
      lye/acid into his eyes to spite the father. Willie was an innocent young boy
      of seven years age. He spent much of his life in Texas "singing the gospel"
      to people at a train station. Eric Clapton recorded one of his songs,
      "motherless children have a hard time" with a slight twist.

      There is also a compilation disc I have from Sony entitled "Singing the
      Gospel Holy Blues," from Black blues singers of the early 1900's.

      A more contemporary, old-timer artist is Rev Dan Smith, a harp player:

      God's radar is fixed on you
      God's radar is fixed on you
      No matter what you say
      No matter what you do