dark times in life, was:Re: on the matter off being booted

  • nocost2great <nocost2great@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8 10:34 PM
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "raging_calvinist
      <raging.calvinist@v...>" <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > Thank you, sister. Sounds like you know the kind of pain I'm going
      > through.

      Jer,
      I don't know your specific pain, but I know you described mine! I
      would joke through my tears that I was going to have to throw out my
      pillow because it was going to mildew. (I did have to throw it out
      too!) It was an effort to face the day each morning, but the long,
      dark nights were worse when the wheels that Satan kept spinning in my
      head would turn endlessly. I spent many, many hours reading the
      Psalms & the Prophets. Lamentations 3 was my best friend. In fact
      3:31 is on Joshua's headstone.
      The thing about blues music is that there is no hope in their
      message. God's message on the other hand is filled with hope... and
      compassion. No matter what we suffer in this life we have eternity to
      look forward to and that is the knot on the end of the rope for us to
      hold onto. I can remember feeling as if my chest was going to
      explode. The physical pain was sometimes more than I could bear. It
      was as if I had hundreds of pounds of pressure crushing me. I cried
      out to the Lord begging Him to just relive me of the pain I was
      suffering and take me home. I understood what Paul felt when he said,
      to live is to die, and to die is gain (though I know that his agonies
      were different.) Each day I had to face my unworthiness as a parent,
      as a wife, as a child of the most high King.
      God's grace is sufficient Jer. Hang in there, and if you want to sing
      the blues... sing David's blues cuz that is where you will find hope.

      May God grant you peace and grace to endure the refining fire.
      Have a blessed Lord's day brother!

      With Tears in My Eyes,

      Dee Dee