Re: Looking for a Biblical defense of women not voting at congregational meetings

  • grandmama96
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2003
      Dear Chuck,

      Here is what I have to share on -voting and women:
      The universal rule is stated in Ephesians 5:21-"Submitting
      yourselves one to another in the fear of God."
      The rule from scripture-all believers both male and female are indeed
      to be subject to all other believers. No limit as to whom one is to
      submit to.
      The particular rule is stated in Ephesians 5:22-"Wives,submit
      yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
      The rule from scripture-wives are particularly singled out as a group
      to submit unto their husbands.

      My reflecting on this as to women have no vote.
      1.)No vote does not equal no voice.
      Learn when I can speak. Learn where I am to speak. From the
      scripture seek the rule.
      2.)Subjecting ones self is ordained by God as proper and has devine
      purpose(s).
      Humble my own desires and intents to live by God's rule.
      3.)Seek to have the full knowledge of what subjection brings(gives)
      to me.
      As a wife. As a member of the body of Christ.
      4.)Rest in the truth as God's Spirit and Word bring light and
      understanding.
      I can be at peace. I see protection from straying if/when I
      follow the rule.

      My conclusion to date as to your question, Chuck is.
      A women in the body of Christ has no "voting" power. That is given to
      her head, to preform his/their duties faithfully. She has the ability
      to "voice" her opinions and observations in proper settings. She
      should be heard at those times and when all others have expressed
      themselves, the vote/decision can then be made with the most benefit
      to the body/family. Any women who has submitted as unto(in fear of)
      the Lord has no need of concern as to providence. God is over all,
      seeing all, working all out for His glory. Being a women-doing her
      part(duties) as directed by God and His rule allows God to bring into
      her life protection he has ordained.

      Thank you,Chuck. Your post has helped me to place in words what I was
      pondering in my heart. I only hope my sharing is faithful to God and
      not contrary to His word.
      Also a lurker.
      Simply Grand~ aka Wilma

      My plea is that the body of Christ learn to be subject more unto one
      another in the fear of The Lord.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, twogunfighter544