irenic? sorry Jerry!

  • nocost2great <nocost2great@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2003
      Hi Jerry,
      Sorry my irenic post stirred up so much debate. I enjoyed reading,
      but I tried to keep my mouth shut. :| Anyway, the arguements seem to
      go round in circles. Reminded me a bit of the two little kids in
      Emperor's New Groove. Un-uh, Ya-huh, Un-uh, Ya-huh. :D
      I hope that discussion wasn't what was causing you to be on edge. :)
      Maybe we should find a topic we can all whole-heartedly agree on to
      balance those topics where we differ. How about baptism? the
      sovereignty of God? the diety of Christ? :)
      Really, truly, I WAS trying to be irenic! Me, I just want to see
      unity and charity. I had no idea that some folks would be so staunch
      about the breastfeeding thing! I just was pointing out to Gary that
      modesty COULD be accomplished while breastfeeding. I am understanding
      more and more that in our culture where folks are quite de-sensitized
      to the bare breast sitting on the shelves in all the check out lines,
      it is taboo to breast feed no matter how modestly covered one is. I
      think this is a result of our mothers choosing to bottle feed us. It
      is something we just haven't 'gotten used to'. Maybe by the time OUR
      children are grown and breastfeeding it will be a non issue for them.
      I'll not say more for fear that I will bring about another barrage of
      posts. :)

      Dee Dee