Re: Luther on

  • scots_grey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2001
      >>They are especially good when the rants
      ARE his theological discourse!<<<br><br>I
      agree. He was brilliantly humorous and his sarcasm was
      deadly. I always have a mental picture of Erasmus
      cowering beneath Luther and being sprayed with spittle as
      Luther exploded in righteous disgust.<br><br>Eramus: "We
      shouldn't preach election and reprobation."<br><br>Luther:
      "WHAT??? I suppose the Supreme Being will learn from YOU,
      His CREATURE, what is profitable and not profitable
      to be preached."<br><br>Erasmus: "OK, OK, don't hurt
      me...*peep*"