Re: [Covenanted Reformation] What we add or what we take away

  • Gary Gearon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      Frederick, I think it okay if the Church is making these available after the
      worship, not for profit, and unto edification of the Saint's. If it were for
      profit my brother, I think it would be different... Now as to "selling" not
      for profit on the Lord's Day is another discussion. What about selling
      Christian Books on the Lord's Day?

      GG
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        I would not buy on the Lord's day. Even if the profit
        is very small, it is still profit. Can we not sell our
        ware on a different day? The Lord's day is set aside
        for us to worship the Lord. The song that we sing are
        his songs, not one we want, the giving is to his work.
        Money that I say, it for the Lord could be used for
        buy christian things as the old saying goes, killing
        two birds with one stone. All of this issue of money
        is so decipting. It is one way I see the church
        becoming more like the world. Rome is willing to sell
        you indulgence on the Lord's day. So you do not have
        to make a second trip. As soon as the money rings in
        the coffer, the sould from pergartory is set free. May
        we guard our self's in this matter.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • PuritanPresbyterian
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
          Amen Brother!  Most Christians don't care much about the 1-4th commandments.  People worship God as their minds seem fit, instead of what God has commanded.

          .

          De:12:32: What thing soever I command you, observe to