Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Fermentation and the Law of Nature

  • Jerry Waybright
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2002
      Hey Gary,

      Missed you guys yesterday.

      World Wide Stout -- Shared one with Jim... nearly knocked me off my chair.  Nice flavor, but very strong.

      Celtic Stout BETTER than Guinness?  You're liable to get tied to a stake around here for such a statement!  Thanks for the recommendation though, I'll keep an eye out for it.

      Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 1:44 PM
      Subject: [Covenanted Reformation] Fermentation and the Law of Nature

      I found new beer yesterday:

      "World Wide Stout" by the maker's of Razin' Deeter (Raison D'Etre) Dogfish
      Head
      23% ETOH! (alcohol) Some bloke shared one bottle with 3 men...

      Also Smuttynose:

      "Old Brown Dog Ale" - Tastes just like Razin' Deeter but with less slap on
      the palate,a nd everywhere else it touches at.
      6% ETOH

      Extremely Recommended:

      Celtic Stout (better than Guiness, and in the same flavor league)
      www.carlowbrewing.com

    • Jerry <raging.calvinist@verizon.net>
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2002
        Some reviews of O'Hara's Celtic Stout:

        http://www.ratebeer.com/ShowBeer.asp?BeerID=5830

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Waybright"
        <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
        > Hey Gary,
        >
        > Missed you guys yesterday.
        >
        > World Wide Stout -- Shared one with Jim... nearly knocked me off my
        chair. Nice flavor, but very strong.

        > Celtic Stout BETTER than Guinness? You're liable to get tied to a
        stake around here for such a statement! Thanks for the
        recommendation though, I'll keep an eye out for it.

        > gmw.
        Nature

        > I found new beer yesterday:
        >
        > "World Wide Stout" by the maker's of Razin' Deeter (Raison
        D'Etre) Dogfish
        > Head
        > 23% ETOH! (alcohol) Some bloke shared one bottle with 3 men...
        >
        > Also Smuttynose:
        >
        > "Old Brown Dog Ale" - Tastes just like Razin' Deeter but with
        less slap on
        > the palate,a nd everywhere else it touches at.
        > 6% ETOH
        >
        > Extremely Recommended:
        >
        > Celtic Stout (better than Guiness, and in the same flavor league)
        > www.carlowbrewing.com

        Service.
      • Gary Gearon
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 30, 2002
          Missed you guys too, Jer. We read aloud our second sermon from Isaiah 53 by James Durham. Aye's a gud' prey-cher indeed!

          Next Wednesday is the due date for our son (if the Ultrasound was correct), the Lord willing. The Lord is good, more than I could ever deserve.

          Gary

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2002
            We'll remember the Gearon's in prayer.

            gmw.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Gearon"
            <GGearon@p...> wrote:
            > Missed you guys too, Jer. We read aloud our second sermon from
            Isaiah 53 by James Durham. Aye's a gud' prey-cher indeed!

            > Next Wednesday is the due date for our son (if the Ultrasound was
            correct), the Lord willing. The Lord is good, more than I could ever
            deserve.

            > Gary
            Nature

            > Hey Gary,
            >
            > Missed you guys yesterday.
            >
            > World Wide Stout -- Shared one with Jim... nearly knocked me off
            my chair. Nice flavor, but very strong.

            > Celtic Stout BETTER than Guinness? You're liable to get tied to
            a stake around here for such a statement! Thanks for the
            recommendation though, I'll keep an eye out for it.

            > gmw.

            Service.

            Service.
          • Gary Gearon