Re: combined response

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 734 , Sep 17, 2001
      WHOA!<br><br>Brent, you forgot a very important
      little word...<br><br>I said "I am NOT advocating..."!
      You replaced my "not" with three dots!<br><br>I am
      not advocating that a private individual decide that
      a person is a tyrant and seek to mount an
      overthrow. <br><br>God must provide the means and the
      opportunity for the removal of a king.<br><br>Knox told Mary
      Queen of Scots that while he does not honor her as a
      lawful magistrate, that if the people are content to
      live under her rule, then he would have to be content
      living under her as well (like Paul under Nero). A
      people may remove a tyrant, but the private individual
      would be renegade to do so (except in special
      occasions... like Ehud the deliverer... but this is not
      something to take upon yourself).<br><br>How do I define
      "bad"? Lousy, rotten, not very good. Keeping in mind
      that I am NOT advocating armed rebellion against a
      magistrate because he is doing a sucky job.<br><br>gmw.
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.