Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Questions for Bill

  • Jason Robert Schuiling
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      >....so I prefer...

      This seems to be your approach on everything

      > <Bill>
      > I told you that on biblical principle the practice of giving names
      > assemblies is unacceptable.

      So, let me get this straight, you can believe whatever seems
      fitting to you so long as you don't give it a name?

      >What name do you gather under?

      Under the Name of the Triune God, Father Son and Holy
      Ghost. Though I imagine this is more what you mean--Presently I am
      attending the church that is the parent of the college I am going
      to, which goes by the name Christ Church and is a member the
      Confederation of Reformed Evangelicals, at home I am a member of the
      First Christian Reformed Church of Ripon, CA. I have formally
      professed adherence to the Three Forms of Unity-
      http://www.prca.org/literature.html and I am also in agreement with
      the Westminster standards.

      > Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my
      name,
      > there am I in the midst of them.

      OK, I will try this one more time, perhaps if I rephrase the
      question. Bill, do you only worship with you family and consider
      that your local church, or is there a larger local body of believers
      that you assemble with? Do you have any standards or statement of
      faith? Any terms of communion? Approximately how many members?

      > <Jason>
      > >>Do you Believe in the Trinity (with no qualifying
      > statements)?

      > <Jason>
      > >>Can you give firm assent to these four documents?

      These were yes or no questions. So I take it No and No ?

      > >>Question 5. Why are you in this club (honestly)?
      >
      > <Bill>
      > I would like to think that I have stimulated some people to
      consider the
      > scriptures in ways they might not have been exposed. Honestly.

      Well, stop, you haven't

      > <Jason>
      > >>May God either free them from their tyrant or turn his heart
      >
      > <Bill>
      > What, pray tell, is that supposed to mean? I am not a tyrant but
      am the
      > rightful father of my children.

      This is my sincere prayer, for I am saddened to see so many under
      such a violent head. I do not doubt that you are the rightful
      father, but rightful fathers are often tortuous tyrants such
      yourself, who tear down their own homes with pernicious,
      destructive, and false doctrine. I pray firstly that God would open
      your eyes to your most dangerous error and turn you, if he would not
      grant that I ask that the tortured subjects might be freed by your
      destruction.

      Ps 18:26-27
      With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure;
      And with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
      For thou wilt save the afflicted people;
      But wilt bring down high looks.