RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Bill's affiliation

  • Bill Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      <Jason>
      >>I believe you know what is meant. No more red herrings please, I am
      not in the mood for fish. This is the sense intended if you dont---

      <Bill>
      Notice that in each of these scriptures there is no mention of a
      denomination. In each and every case the identification is strictly of
      assemblies in a given geographical location. This is the biblical model.
      The model of have *sects* within a geographical place is rejected as
      being a carnal practice.

      Notice that even the assembly of God at Corinth - where sects existed -
      is not referred to as "to the assembly of the Pauline" but "to the
      [singular] assembly of God [not "Assembly of God" but that which belongs
      to God] which is [physically located] at Corinth."

      Now, the question is, are you approaching this matter biblically or
      carnally?

      1 Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth,
      1 Th 1:1 unto the church of the Thessalonians
      Col 4:15-16 Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas,
      and the church which is in his house. And when this epistle is read
      among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the
      Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.
      Php 4:15-Then I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with
      me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
      Rev 2:1-3:14 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write...And
      unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write...And to the angel of
      the church in Pergamos write...And unto the angel of the church in
      Thyatira write...And unto the angel of the church in Sardis
      write...And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write...And
      unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write...

      From where I sit, the "church" (literally "assembly") that is recognized
      by God and the scriptures is that single assembly which rests upon the
      apostles, etc, and the groups of two or more gathered in Christ's name,
      which are one.

      This is not a red herring but biblical, as opposed to unprofitable
      worldly, talk.

      Bill Ross
      No Risk Software Inc