Questions for Bill

  • Jason Robert Schuiling
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2002
      > Isn't this precisely the language of scripture?

      NO. Where do you find the Word torah used the way you do in
      Scripture?

      Bill,

      Five Questions, direct and honest answers please-

      Question 1.(Since you won't answer what church you attend) what is
      the name that the local congregation of believers that you assemble
      with goes by, and where is it located?

      Question 2. Do you know of Evan Wilson?

      Question 3. Do you Believe in the Trinity(with no qualifying
      statements)?

      Question 4. Can you give firm assent to these four documents?

      I. The Apostles Creed

      1. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and
      earth,
      2. And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord,
      3. Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary,
      4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; He
      descended into hell.
      5. The third day he rose again from the dead;
      6. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the
      Father Almighty.
      7. From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
      8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
      9. I believe in the holy catholic church, the communion of saints,
      10. The forgiveness of sins,
      11. The resurrection of the body,
      12. And the life everlasting. Amen.

      II. The Nicene Creed

      We believe in one God the Father, the Almighty, creator of heaven
      and earth, and of all that is, seen and unseen.

      We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally
      begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God
      from true God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father.
      Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he
      came down from heaven; by the power of the Holy Spirit he became
      incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made truly human. For our
      sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and
      was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the
      Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand
      of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and
      the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

      We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who
      proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he
      is worshipped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets.

      We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We
      acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the
      resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen

      III. The Athanasian Creed

      1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that
      he hold the catholic faith;
      2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without
      doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
      3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in
      Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
      4. Neither confounding the persons, nor dividing the substance.
      5. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and
      another of the Holy Spirit.
      6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit
      is all one, the glory equal, the majesty co-eternal.
      7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son and such is the Holy
      Spirit.
      8. The Father uncreate, the Son uncreate, and the Holy Spirit
      uncreate.
      9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the
      Holy Spirit incomprehensible.
      10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit
      eternal.
      11. And yet they are not three eternals, but one eternal.
      12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three
      incomprehensibles, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.
      13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the
      Holy Spirit almighty;
      14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.
      15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is
      God;
      16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
      17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy
      Spirit Lord;
      18. And yet they are not three Lords, but one Lord.
      19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to
      acknowledge every person by himself to be God and Lord;
      20. so are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say: There are
      three Gods or three Lords.
      21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.
      22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but
      begotten.
      23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made,
      nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
      24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three
      Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.
      25. And in this Trinity none is afore, nor after another; none is
      greater, or less than another.
      26. But the whole three persons are co-eternal, and co-equal.
      27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and
      the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
      28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.
      29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he
      also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
      30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord
      Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man.
      31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds;
      and made of the substance of His mother, born in the world.
      32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human
      flesh subsisting.
      33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the
      Father as touching His manhood.
      34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one
      Christ.
      35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking
      of the manhood into God.
      36. One altogether, not by the confusion of substance, but by unity
      of person.
      37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man
      is one Christ;
      38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again
      the third day from the dead;
      39. He ascended into heaven, He sitteth on the right hand of the
      Father, God Almighty;
      40. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
      41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;
      42. And shall give account of their own works.
      43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting, and
      they that have done evil into everlasting fire.
      44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe
      faithfully, he cannot be saved.

      IV. The Definition of Chalcedon

      Therefore, following the holy fathers, we all with one accord teach
      men to acknowledge one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, at
      once complete in Godhead and complete in manhood, truly God and
      truly man, consisting also of a reasonable soul and body; of one
      substance with the Father as regards his Godhead, and at the same
      time of one substance with us as regards his manhood; like us in all
      respects, apart from sin; as regards his Godhead, begotten of the
      Father before the ages, but yet as regards his manhood begotten, for
      us men and for our salvation, of Mary the Virgin, the God-bearer;
      one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, Only-begotten, recognized in two
      natures, without confusion, without change, without division,
      without separation; the distinction of natures being in no way
      annulled by the union, but rather the characteristics of each nature
      being preserved and coming together to form one person and
      subsistence, not as parted or separated into two persons, but one
      and the same Son and Only-begotten God the Word, Lord Jesus Christ;
      even as the prophets from earliest times spoke of him, and our Lord
      Jesus Christ himself taught us, and the creed of the fathers has
      handed down to us.

      Question 5. Why are you in this club (honestly)?

      > Husband of:
      > Connie Shareen (wife of 18 years)
      >
      > Father of Josiah, Julian, Jesse, Jordan, Jeffrey and Jakob - ages
      > 15.

      May God either free them from their tyrant or turn his heart