Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Antinomianism

  • Jason Robert Schuiling
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 1, 2002
      > Perhaps this "Antinomian" controversy has erupted because the two
      sides are
      > talking past each other.

      Greg, it would be nice to think so, but the the problem is not that
      the antinomian is outrightly promoting sinful living but rather
      making himself autonomous, subverting and destroying God's Law,
      replacing it rather with his own Jiminy Cricket law.
    • Soles
      Message 63 of 63 , Dec 18, 2002

        > Hello Tom,
        >
        > You're very close: "Liberty is an inestimable thing."
        >
        > >Hope ya like it here, although you have come in on the tail end of a
        > >discussion of the Reformed Presbytery's Testimony against Negro
        > >Slavery (many of Scotland's finest sons & daughters were sold into
        > >slavery during the overthrow of our Covenanted Reformation), and
        > >against participating in the war on either side.
        >
        > Sorry I missed it. That is one subject that I find keenly interesting.

        For those who would like to look at a link on those covenanters that were
        martyred or sold into slavery
        http://members.aol.com/Puritanone/martyrs.html
        http://members.aol.com/Puritanone/banished.html
        http://www.geocities.com/reformedpresbyterian/landmarks/memorials.htm

        ~cis~

        Ps.51:10
        "Create in me a clean heart O God; and renew a right spirit within me."