Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Antinomianism

  • c_tylor
    Message 1 of 63 , Dec 1, 2002
      Excellent post. I emphatically agree with the sentiments put forward
      here. A consistent stipulated usage of "law" or "Law" would do much
      to obviate the rancor that is developing between all parties
      involved in this dispute.

      --Chris Tylor (RPNA)

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., Crown Rights Book Company
      <books@c...> wrote:
      > Brethren,
      >
      > Perhaps this "Antinomian" controversy has erupted because the two
      sides are
      > talking past each other. The heresy of Antinomianism, and its
      remedy, is
      > defined in Scripture as follows:

      <snip>
    • Soles
      Message 63 of 63 , Dec 18, 2002

        > Hello Tom,
        >
        > You're very close: "Liberty is an inestimable thing."
        >
        > >Hope ya like it here, although you have come in on the tail end of a
        > >discussion of the Reformed Presbytery's Testimony against Negro
        > >Slavery (many of Scotland's finest sons & daughters were sold into
        > >slavery during the overthrow of our Covenanted Reformation), and
        > >against participating in the war on either side.
        >
        > Sorry I missed it. That is one subject that I find keenly interesting.

        For those who would like to look at a link on those covenanters that were
        martyred or sold into slavery
        http://members.aol.com/Puritanone/martyrs.html
        http://members.aol.com/Puritanone/banished.html
        http://www.geocities.com/reformedpresbyterian/landmarks/memorials.htm

        ~cis~

        Ps.51:10
        "Create in me a clean heart O God; and renew a right spirit within me."