RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Love = torah? - was SEE YA!

  • Bill Ross
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      <Martin>
      >>1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:
      and
      his commandments are not grievous.

      <Bill>
      If you believe that this is referring to the torah then why do you not
      keep torah? Are the commandments in the torah not God's commands?

      <Martin>
      John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
      John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that
      loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will
      love him, and will manifest myself to him.

      <Bill>

      Is it possible that the law of Christ and the law of Moses are not
      identical?

      Thanks,

      Bill Ross
      BillRoss@...
    • Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
        Bill, to be honest, I have lost all interest in discussing with you, as I
        can find no sincerity in your inquiries.

        Tit 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and
        strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.