Special offer of Still Waters Revival Books, running out on monday

  • volker-jordan@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: *STILL WATERS REVIVAL BOOKS* [mailto:regbarrow@...]
      Gesendet: Samstag, 30. November 2002 23:10
      ********

      Remove instructions are located at the end of this email.

      *** Special Note to UK customers: Our contract with Book Academy has
      expired, so you may once again buy directly from us (SWRB), if you so
      desire.

      + First 25 REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CDs now shipping (excluding RBCD
      #24)! The rest of this new 30 CD set
      (http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm) is due
      out in a week or so.

      +++ Short Comments on SWRB's Reformation & Puritan Bookshelf CD Sets

      + "The purchase of the Puritan Bookshelf CD's is proving to be one of
      the wisest investments that I have ever made. They are much more than
      I expected!! I am having a wonderful time reading and studying."

      - TC, Internet Customer.

      + ""The greatest collection of classic Reformation resources on one
      CD set ever!"

      + "In reading this mornings mailing I noticed that you also do the
      Reformation Bookshelf cd's so I went to your web site to see what was
      out - I was in ecstasy!!!"

      - Missionary working in Hatyai, Southern Thailand

      + "You all are doing a wonderful service by making all these
      materials so readily available. Having them on my hard drive is
      BETTER than having access to a rare book library with all of them in
      hand... I have found the PBCD set invaluable as a tool of
      scholarship. So once again I commend you brothers for making it
      available."

      - E. Calvin Beisner
      Knox Theological Seminary
      Author and Associate Professor of Historical Theology and Social Ethics
      (Author of: Psalms of Promise: Celebrating the Majesty and
      Faithfulness of God, God in Three Persons, Answers: For Atheists,
      Agnostics, and Other Thoughtful Skeptics--Dialogs About Christian
      Faith and Life, Man, Economy, and Environment in Biblical
      Perspective, Where Garden Meets Wilderness: Evangelical Entry Into
      the Environmental Debate, Evangelical Heathenism? Examining
      Contemporary Revivalism, as well as other books, scholarly papers,
      and contributions to various anthologies).

      + "... they're simply incredible... The whole (PBCD--ed.) set offers
      a whopping **263,000** pages of material! ... (It has also--ed.) been
      indexed and hyperlinked so that you can quickly browse and navigate
      via the index in the left side column... It's an amazing collection
      of works, such that for about $0.33 per average book one can have a
      library that excels virtually any other in the history of the world,
      both for quality of volumes and for rapid ease of use."

      - Dr. B. via email.

      *** Note: The Reformation Bookshelf CD set will contain well over
      300,000 pages of material.

      + "If I am not mistaken, a project of this magnitude would
      undoubtedly result in one of the largest collections of Puritan
      writings available anywhere. I greatly rejoice to think that such a
      collection would be made available and I hope to own and profit from
      it myself... May the Lord bless you as you continue this vital
      ministry."

      In Christ our Lord,
      - Ernie Frank, PhD., Dept. of Statistics
      West Virginia University

      + "This is superb. The project stands the chance of being
      transformational... I cannot put into words how much these CDs have
      meant to me... I treasure the copies on my desk and I use what I have
      continually. "

      - Dr. Edwin P. Elliott, Jr.
      Managing Editor of the Christian Observer
      Director of the Christian Observer News Service

      +++ 2 for 1 CD sale (for 5.5 days only -- EXPIRES Monday, Dec. 2,
      2002, at 11:59PM)!

      SWRB is still experiencing a cash flow problem and so we are making
      the following offer available again (for possibly the last time) for
      the next 5.5 days only.

      If you purchase our new Reformation Bookshelf CD set (of 30 CDs, see
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm) in the
      next 5.5 days, we will include with it a free set of the Puritan
      Bookshelf CDs (so you get 32 free Puritan Bookshelf CDs at absolutely
      no charge -- even though they would normally cost close to
      $C1000.00!).

      This is the best discount offer we have ever made, which amounts to
      over 50% off these CD sets -- and is a fantastic opportunity to
      obtain all 62 of these valuable Puritan and Reformation CDs for the
      price of just the 30 Reformation Bookshelf CDs!

      The Super Sale cost for each CD in both sets is $29.95 Canadian funds
      (or about $18.95 US funds, depending on the exchange rate for the day
      -- see http://www.oanda.com for the exchange rate for the US and many
      others countries).

      The total for the Reformation Bookshelf CD set (30 CDs) is $898.50
      Canadian funds (or about $568.50 US funds), plus the P&H for your
      country, which is listed at http://www.swrb.com/huge.htm.

      When you consider that you are getting thousands of rare Reformation
      classics (that would cost many times the price as printed volumes --
      if you were even able to find them in rare book stores or the like),
      and hundreds of other free books and free audio (MP3) files, at less
      than half our Super Sale price, this is likely the best chance you
      may ever have to obtain an amazing library of *the best
      Christian/Reformation literature (and audio files) ever gathered into
      one place* (outside of possibly a few major libraries). And in
      addition to this you get the navigation advantage (over printed
      books) of digital bookmarking in every file, as well as many
      searchable files too!

      This offer expires at 11:59PM this coming Monday, December 2, 2002
      (so you have just 5.5 days to take advantage of this 2 for 1 CD sale).

      This offer is not retroactive and is not to be combined with any
      other special discount offers from SWRB. However, as noted above, the
      Super Sale pricing on all SWRB CDs still applies (which multiplies
      the savings to you!).

      Furthermore, on top of all the other discounts we are presently
      offering, you may request our deferred payment option -- though given
      the nature of our problem (cash flow) we hope that you will only
      request the deferred payment option if you absolutely need it.
      Contact us at (780) 450-3730 or swrb@... for more information on
      the range of deferred payment options we offer (one of which we can
      make work for you, if necessary -- to take advantage of the present 2
      for 1 CD sale).

      BTW, we hope to have the complete Reformation Bookshelf CD series (of
      30 CDs) shipping within a week (or maybe a little more). The first 25
      REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CDs are now shipping (excluding RBCD #24)!

      In any case, we hope that you will take advantage of this
      unprecedented 2 for 1 CD sale to build your library and/or help
      others.

      There is also no limit on the number of sets you may buy in this 2
      for 1 sale, and thus the number of free sets you may receive is also
      unlimited.

      Also, please continue to keep SWRB in your prayers -- and let us know
      if you think you may be able to help in other ways (including
      financially).

      Thank you and may our Lord bless you as you seek Him and His truth!

      In Christ,
      Reg Barrow
      President, SWRB

      P.S. Please let your friends know about this time limited 2 for 1 CD
      sale and the URLs for both the Reformation
      (http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm) and
      Puritan Bookshelf CD sets
      (http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/puritan-bookshelf-CDs.htm).

      P.P.S. For those of you who have already purchased the Puritan
      Bookshelf CDs, and were planning on purchasing the Reformation
      Bookshelf CDs also, you may want to use this as an opportunity to
      give the extra (free) set of Puritan Bookshelf CDs you will receive
      to your pastor (or other elders), missionaries you know, a church or
      seminary library, a brother or sister in the Lord who is too poor to
      afford these CDs, those who live in countries were persecution of
      Christians is prevalent (we can even take care of this last item for
      you, if you request your free PBCD set be sent to those living under
      such trying circumstances), etc.

      **********

      +++ More COMMENTS on Both the PURITAN & REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CD Sets +++

      **********

      I can't believe how great your new CD collection is! ...I really
      think that this will be a great benefit for scholarship in Puritan
      and Scottish theology, and I hope that this catches on... Thank you
      *so much* for putting out such great stuff at affordable prices on
      the PURITAN BOOKSHELF CD collection!!

      - Internet Customer

      ***

      "This is superb. The project stands the chance of being
      transformational... Isn't it amazing how the fathers continue to
      speak through the new media! The more we can get out into other parts
      of the world, the harder these ideas will be to stop in future years.
      Often I think of the match which lights the pile of leaves. One tends
      to forget that is how the forrest fires start..."

      I cannot put into words how much these CDs have meant to me.

      - Dr. Edwin P. Elliott, Jr.
      Managing Editor of the Christian Observer
      Director of the Christian Observer News Service

      ***

      "Grace and peace to you in Christ. I just opened my set of Puritan
      Bookshelf CDs and am quite impressed. It's a great collection...
      Blessings on you and your fellows for this wonderful service to the
      Church of Christ."

      And later:

      "By the way, thanks again for producing the set. It came in handy
      today when, reading Honeyman, I found him citing Ames's work on
      conscience and was able to go directly to the source and check the
      accuracy of Honeyman's use."

      And also:

      "You all are doing a wonderful service by making all these materials
      so readily available. Having them on my hard drive is BETTER than
      having access to a rare book library with all of them in hand."

      And:

      Grace and peace to you in Christ, Brother. I just wanted to send you
      another note of thanks for the wonderful service SWRB has done in
      providing the Puritan Bookshelf CD series. From time to time in
      reading sources for my dissertation, I have come across references to
      the "Dutch Annotators" or the "English Annotators." (which are titled
      the "Westminter Annotations" on the Puritan Bookshelf CD set--ed.)...
      I thought to myself..., "I wonder if they're in the PBCD collection?"
      So I went to the index and searched, and, voila! So... I could
      actually cross-check the references to them to ensure that authors
      were properly citing them. Once again, I have found the PBCD set
      invaluable as a tool of scholarship. So once again I commend you
      brothers for making it available.

      - E. Calvin Beisner
      Author and Associate Professor of Historical Theology and Social Ethics
      Knox Theological Seminary

      ***

      "I just watched what the contents will be of the new Reformation CDs
      and I hope to buy them all when they are available... I want to thank
      you for making these precious works available and being able to
      spread to other people... Just wanted to let you know how much I am
      looking forward to these CDs! Greetings in Christ Jesus and always
      praying for you ministry.

      And also:

      "I want to thank you to make those new works available which are
      going to be produced on these new reformation cd-roms. I am very
      thankful already for the puritan cd-roms and although I have read not
      so much as I would like to read, the things I read especially the
      death-testimonies of James Guthrie and James Renwick were very
      encouraging -- as also the sins of ministers from James Guthrie and
      the sermons of Robert Rollock were very heart encouraging. Praying
      that God might draw my heart more and more to be in his Truth. I just
      wanted to let you know this to encourage you and your colleagues.
      Could you tell me when it will be possible to buy these new
      reformation cd's, because the are still forthcoming?"

      - From the Netherlands

      (Editors note: The Reformation Bookshelf CD series [of 30 CDs] should
      be completed and shipping within about a week -- the first 25 RBCDs
      are already shipping [excepting RBCD #24]).

      ***

      I have been intending to write to you for several weeks now but the
      latest SWRB sale mailing has prompted me to do it today. I just
      wanted to express my thanks to you & all at SWRB for the great
      ministry you perform in supplying Puritan books. I have made several
      purchases from you over the past 2 years and I think each of the
      books has blessed and/or challenged me. Most notably have been The
      Christian Soldier by Watson and the one I am reading at the moment,
      Wells of Salvation Opened (Spustowe). In reading this latter book I
      have been so blessed & stirred; who said puritans were cold, stiff &
      starchy?

      In reading this mornings mailing I noticed that you also do the
      Reformation Bookshelf cd's so I went to your web site to see what was
      out - I was in ecstasy!!! I hope in the near future to start
      purchasing these & also some of the Puritan bookshelf series...

      Once again, thanks for providing a great service & for refreshing the
      saints in so many ways!!

      - Missionary working in Hatyai, Southern Thailand

      ***

      I have recently purchased your Puritan Bookshelf #1 CD. I have
      already had occasion to use it and have found it well-constructed and
      easy to navigate. Many thanks for your excellent work in putting this
      series together!

      - N.B., Internet Customer.

      ***

      Just a quick note... re: the PB CD's. I've... already used them a
      substantial amount. The ability to browse through them quickly... is
      remarkable and extremely valuable. For instance, I was able to look
      up several places re: Romans 1 (a la the Clark contoversy...) and
      then just print out those sections. Because of their great value I'm
      recommending them to a friend... who's headed for the pastorate....
      Here's what I wrote him:

      "The other reason I'm writing is to encourage you to pick up a set of
      the Puritan Bookshelf CD's from Still Waters. You said that you were
      'in ecstasy' now that you're reading the Puritans, and if you get
      these, brother, you may have to seek medical attention for
      hyperstimulation. :) Really, they're simply incredible, comprising
      about 1000 different titles on 32 CD's (and when I say 'title' I mean
      anything from a 15 page pamphlet to a 1500 page, folio, multivolume
      work). The whole set offers a whopping **263,000** pages of material!
      ... (It has also--ed.) been indexed and hyperlinked so that you can
      quickly browse and navigate via the index in the left side column
      (for example, if you wanted to look up Romans 1 in various
      commentaries, rather than having to scroll through the text you just
      click on the hyperlink for chapter one in the sidebar, and it will
      take you immediately to that portion of the work). It's an amazing
      collection of works, such that for about $0.33 per average book one
      can have a library that excels virtually any other in the history of
      the world, both for quality of volumes and for rapid ease of use.
      Anyway, I wanted to be sure to point this out to you now that I've
      got my own set and have been using them."

      - Dr. B. via email.

      ***

      "I was excited to see the CD series "Puritan Bookshelf" advertised in
      the latest e-mail from SWRB.

      I am fairly new to the Puritan works but have tried over the past
      several years to purchase as many titles as I could afford from
      Banner of Truth, SDG, and various other sources. I have found the
      Puritan writings to be of immense benefit to my soul over the past
      years. In the spiritual desolation of the academic environment the
      writings of these men have been used of God to encourage and
      challenge my faith...

      If I am not mistaken, a project of this magnitude would undoubtedly
      result in one of the largest collections of Puritan writings
      available anywhere. I greatly rejoice to think that such a collection
      would be made available and I hope to own and profit from it myself...

      May the Lord bless you as you continue this vital ministry."

      In Christ our Lord,
      - Ernie Frank, PhD., Dept. of Statistics
      West Virginia University

      ***

      A personal note from the Christian Observer Newswire administrator.

      I admit to being a thorough going Puritan, a Constitutional
      Presbyterian, and a devote of the Hungarian Reformed Church. With
      that out of the way, take my word for it, Still Waters has done our
      community a great service by making the English Puritan classics
      available on CD. I treasure the copies on my desk and I use what I
      have continually.

      English Puritan Original Sources on CD

      Even if you do not think SWRB should be nominated for Most Congenial
      Reformed Mission, you may want to examine what the larger Reformed
      Church has here: Ames and Perkins on CD for US$19 and another disk
      with both the English and the Dutch Annotations for the same price.
      Doesn't that melt any scholar's heart. Peter Martyr comes on one of
      the disks in black letter with nothing left out.

      It just keeps on going like that. Examine the list, pick one, and see
      for yourself.

      I cannot put into words how much these CDs have meant to me.

      - Dr. Edwin P. Elliott, Jr.
      Managing Editor of the Christian Observer
      Director of the Christian Observer News Service

      ***

      The Banner of Truth magazine has also favorably mentioned our Puritan
      Bookshelf CD series in their December, 2001, issue.

      ***

      + FULL REFORMATION CD SUMMARIES at:
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm (24 of
      these 30 CDs are now shipping, and we hope to begin shipping the rest
      of the set within a week, or a little more.)

      ********

      +++ In addition to our 2 for 1 CD set offer, below Resource #2 you
      will also find:

      + DEFERRED PAYMENT OPTIONS for REFORMATION & PURITAN CDS (read now, pay
      later)!

      + Large Extra Discounts Due to the Favorable US$ EXCHANGE RATE (vs.
      the Canadian Dollar)!

      + SECURE SWRB ORDER FORM at https://www.shopalberta.com/swrb/

      +++ STILL WATERS REVIVAL BOOKS +++

      NEW & SELECT SUPER SALE REFORMATION RESOURCES

      #24)! The rest of the set is due to ship in about a week (D.V.)

      + All SUPER SALES still in effect are listed at:
      http://www.swrb.com/puritan-books.htm

      + Hundreds more Super Sale resources can be seen (A-Z by author) on
      our web page at: http://www.swrb.com/pcopy/photoc.htm

      +++ Featured CD: REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CD #5 (Thomas Manton's Works
      [2/2], with Calvin, Owen, Price, & Howie, free in MP3! Over 11,318
      pages on one CD)!

      Resource 1. REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CD (Volume Five)

      Reformation Authors (3/10) - Thomas Manton's Works (2/2)

      Thomas Manton's Works (2/2), John Calvin, the Westminster Divines,
      the Covenanted Church of Scotland (General Assembly), the famous
      Synod of Dort (1618-1619), Thomas Manton, George Gillespie, Samuel
      Rutherford, Matthew Henry, C.H. Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards, John
      Owen, John Brown (of Wamphray), John Brown (of Haddington), Francis
      Turretin, James Durham, John Howie, William Hetherington, David
      Steele, Samuel Miller, John Girardeau, Edward Fisher, Robert Shaw,
      A.W. Pink, Loraine Boettner, Augustus Toplady, Andrew Symington,
      Patrick Fairbairn, William Roberts, Richard Baxter, William
      Cunningham, John Anderson, Andrew Clarkson, David Scott, John
      Cunningham, George Smeaton, Larry Birger, Francis Rouse, Dr. F. Nigel
      Lee, Bill Mencarow, Greg Price, the Reformed Presbytery (RPNA), J.A.
      Wylie, James Douglas, Michael Wagner, the Puritan Reformed Church of
      Edmonton (Session), Lyndon Dohms (on PRCE session), Greg Barrow, Reg
      Barrow, et al.

      This CD contains:

      THOMAS MANTON

      MANTON, THOMAS
      The Complete Works of Thomas Manton (Volumes 12 to 22)

      Vol. 12 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons Upon the 8th Chapter of Romans
      Sermons Upon 2 Corinthians 5

      Vol. 13 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Sermons Upon 2 Corinthians 5
      Several Sermons on Hebrews 11

      Vol. 14 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Hebrews 11

      Vol. 15 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Hebrews 11
      Treatises on the Life of Faith and on Self-Denial
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture Preached on Public Occasions

      Vol. 16 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture

      Vol. 17 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture

      Vol. 18 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture

      Vol. 19 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture

      Vol. 20 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture

      Vol. 21 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture

      Vol. 22 of The Complete Works of Thomas Manton
      Several Sermons on Texts of Scripture
      Copious Indices of Subjects and Texts to Dr. Manton's Works

      All of Thomas Manton's Works are also available in a printed edition
      at http://www.swrb.com/catalog/M.htm.

      MANTON, THOMAS
      Covenanting with God Pressed

      MANTON, THOMAS
      The Excellency of Saving Faith

      MANTON, THOMAS
      Liberty and Blessing in the Law of Christ

      MANTON, THOMAS
      Loving God By Loving His Law

      MANTON, THOMAS
      What Kind of Perfection is Attainable in this Life?

      NOTE: The following two related resources are also available in the
      Puritan Bookshelf CD series at
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/puritan-bookshelf-CDs.htm :

      LONDON MINISTERS, - A Complete Collection of Farewell Sermons,
      preached by many ministers including Calamy, Manton, Caryl, Case,
      Baxter, Lye, and many more., together with some funeral sermons.
      Approximately 40 sermons in total, along with some of the prayers of
      the divines 1663, is on PURITAN BOOKSHELF CD Volume 17 at
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/puritan-bookshelf-CDs.htm . A later
      edition of this book is also available on REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CD
      volume 29 below, under "NONCONFORMIST MINISTERS".

      A Sermon Preached at the funeral of Dr. Thomas Manton (1 Thess 4:17)
      (on PURITAN BOOKSHELF CD Volume Ten at
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/puritan-bookshelf-CDs.htm).

      ++ Also contains the 101 FREE bonus books and articles listed in the
      summary for Reformation Bookshelf CD #1
      (http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm) or as
      listed directly below the pricing for this CD.

      ++ Also free on this CD are the following audio (MP3) tracks:

      - John Owen - Rome's Idolatry Rebuked #1

      - John Owen - Rome's Idolatry Rebuked #2

      - John Calvin - Separation From False Worship, Idolatry, & Popish Principles

      - John Calvin - Suffering Outside the Camp: Separation & Suffering for
      Christ

      - Greg Price - God's Absolute Sovereignty

      - Greg Price - What is Occasional Hearing? (1/3) On Biblical Separation

      - Greg Price - What is Occasional Hearing? (2/3) On Biblical Separation

      - Greg Price - What is Occasional Hearing? (3/3) On Biblical Separation

      - John Howie - Biographia Scoticana: or, A Brief Historical Account
      of the Lives, Characters, and Memorable Transactions of the Most
      Eminent Scots Worthies (18/21) (Second edition, corrected and
      enlarged, 1781) (Contains the life of Alexander Shields, author of
      the classic Covenanter book, A Hind Let Loose, and more).

      + This CD contains approximately 11,318 pages of material.

      ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTED SALE PRICE UP TO & INCLUDING Dec. 2, 2002
      (CD) $29.95 (Canadian funds) [$70 off!]

      AFTER Dec. 2, 2002, OUR REGULAR DISCOUNTED PRICE BELOW APPLIES
      (CD) $99.95 (Canadian funds)

      ***

      +++++ ALL THE CDs in the new REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CDs series contian
      the following 101 free (searchable) books:

      +++ A. Free Bonus Books and Articles on the Sovereignty of God Over
      Doctrine, Practice, and Testimony (In the Westminster Standards,
      Covenants, etc. -- and Among the Faithful Martyrs of Christ)

      1. The Westminster Assembly - Westminster Confession of Faith (1646)
      Contains the original and unedited text of this judicially binding
      document, the greatest of Christian Confessions, with the full
      scripture proof texts written out. This book represents Reformed
      thinking at its purest and best. Also included are the following
      documents, which are usually bound together with the Westminster
      Confession of Faith:

      a. The Solemn League and Covenant

      b. The Confession of Faith of the Kirk of Scotland: Or, The National
      Covenant

      c. The Westminster Shorter Catechism (with full Scripture references)

      d. The Westminster Larger Catechism (with full Scripture references)

      e. To the Christian Reader, Especially Heads of Families (Prefaced to
      the Westminster Confession and Catechisms)

      f. Mr. Thomas Manton's Epistle to the Reader (Prefaced to the
      Westminster Confession and Catechisms)

      g. The Sum of Saving Knowledge

      h. The (Westminster) Directory for the Publick Worship of God

      i. The Directory for Family Worship

      j. The (Westminster) Form of Presbyterial Church Government

      k. A Solemn Acknowledgement of Public Sins, and Breaches of the
      (Solemn League and) Covenant; and A Solemn Engagement to All the
      Duties Contained Therein.

      2. Reformed Presbytery - The Six Points of the Terms of Ministerial
      and Christian Communion in the Reformed Presbyterian Church

      3. William Hetherington - History of the Westminster Assembly of Divines
      The best history of this unsurpassed Assembly, their times, and their work!

      4. Fisher's Catechism - The Great Scottish Commentary on the
      Westminster Shorter Catechism.

      5. Robert Shaw - The Reformed Faith: An Exposition of the Westminster
      Confession of Faith (With An Introductory Essay by William M.
      Hetherington)

      6. Andrew Symington - Religious Principles of the Scottish Martyrs

      7. Reformed Presbytery - A Short Vindication of Our Covenanted Reformation

      8. Greg Barrow - The Covenanted Reformation Defended (1998)
      An unsurpassed work, citing original source documents from the
      Westminster Divines (and the Covenanted Reformation that gave us the
      Westminster Standards), Calvin's Geneva, and a broad range of other
      classic Reformation sources, documenting what true biblical
      Reformation is (http://www.swrb.com/newslett/FREEBOOK/GBarrow.htm).
      Must reading!

      9. Michael G. Wagner - Paleopresbyterianism Versus Neopresbyterianism

      10. William Roberts - "The Covenanting Martyrs and the Revival of the
      Covenants!" from the Reformed Presbyterian Catechism.

      11. William Roberts - "On the Duty of Covenanting and the Permanent
      Obligations of Religious Covenants" from section 11 of the Reformed
      Presbyterian Catechism (1853).

      12. George Gillespie - Whether it be lawful, just, and expedient,
      that the taking of the Solemn League and Covenant be enjoined by the
      Parliament upon all persons in the kingdom under a considerable
      penalty.

      13. The Nicene Creed

      14. The Athanasian Creed

      15. The Definition of the Council of Chalcedon (451)

      16. Larry Birger - The Biblical and Logical Necessity of Uninspired Creeds

      +++ B. Free Bonus Books and Articles on the Sovereignty of God in
      Salvation ("Calvinism")

      1. A.W. Pink - The Sovereignty of God
      One of the best books explaining the foundations of Calvinism and
      God's sovereignty -- as revealed in Scripture. This is the unabridged
      edition.

      2. Augustus Toplady - Arminianism: The Road to Rome!

      3. John Calvin - Calvin's Calvinism: Treatises on the Eternal
      Predestination of God and the Secret Providence of God.

      4. C.H. Spurgeon - A Defense of Calvinism

      5. John Owen - For Whom Did Christ Die?

      6. Loraine Boettner - The Reformed Faith

      7. Synod of Dort - The Canons of Dordt ("The Decision of the Synod of
      Dordt on the Five Main Points of Doctrine in Dispute in the
      Netherlands")
      "In the Canons the Synod of Dordt rejected the Arminian views and set
      forth the Reformed doctrine on unconditional election, limited
      atonement, total depravity, irresistible grace, and the perseverance
      of saints (later known as TULIP)."

      +++ C. Free Bonus Books and Articles on the Sovereignty of God in
      Worship (The Regulative Principle of Worship, Close Communion,
      Against Occasional Hearing and for Biblical Separation, etc.)

      1. John Calvin - On Shunning the Unlawful Rites of the Ungodly and
      Preserving the Purity of the Christian Religion (1537)
      Herein Calvin maintains the sinfulness of outward conformity to false
      worship. Dealing with a major problem of his day, Calvin shows that
      false worship should never be tolerated or participated in (even by
      your bodily presence), no matter what the cost -- whether it be
      persecution, exile, or death. Excerpted from the "Library of
      Presbyterian Heritage and Protestant Heritage Press" CD (listed at
      http://www.swrb.com/catalog/R.htm under "REED KEVIN"). Used by
      permission.

      2. Psalter by Francis Rouse, the Westminster Divines, and the
      Scottish General Assembly (from 1646-1650) Annotations by John Brown
      (of Haddington) - THE PSALMS OF DAVID IN METRE (i.e. the Scottish
      Metrical Psalter of 1650): Allowed By the Authority of the Kirk of
      Scotland, and of Several Branches of the Presbyterian Church in the
      United States. With Notes, Exhibiting the Connection, Explaining the
      Sense, and for Directing and Animating the Devotion (1841 edition)
      This is the Psalter (less Brown's notes, which were added later)
      mandated, approved and used (for public, family, and private worship)
      by the Westminster Assembly and all those who covenanted to uphold
      the Biblical Reformation that these Divines proclaimed.There are few
      things in life as pleasing and enjoyable as communing with Christ
      through the singing of His Psalms! Excerpted from the "Library of
      Presbyterian Heritage and Protestant Heritage Press" CD (listed at
      http://www.swrb.com/catalog/R.htm under "REED KEVIN"). Used by
      permission.

      3. George Gillespie - Of Uniformity In Religion, Worship of God, and
      Church Government by George Gillespie

      4. Greg Price - Foundation for Reformation: The Regulative Principle
      of Worship (1995, http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/index.html )

      5. The (Westminster) Directory for the Publick Worship of God

      6. James Douglas' classic Strictures on Occasional Hearing: An
      Inquiry Into Song 1:7 ( http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/index.html )

      7. John Anderson - A Sermon Against Occasional Hearing

      8. S. Bowden - Debarring and Inviting Service at the Administration
      of the Lord's Supper, 1871

      9. Andrew Clarkson - The Reformed View of Schism

      10. Reg Barrow - Worship: The Regulative Principle of Worship in History

      11. Reg Barrow - Psalm Singing in Scripture & History
      Discusses Reformed worship-song in the context of the regulative
      principle of worship [Sola Scriptura in Worship]. Defends exclusive
      Psalmody from Scripture and the writings and testimony of the most
      prominent Reformers.

      12. David Steele - Martin Luther and Psalm Singing
      Did Luther and the Reformation Lutherans practice exclusive Psalmody?
      What about Luther's hymns? Where and when were they used? ANSWERS
      HERE!

      13. John Calvin and John Girardeau - Instrumental Music in Public
      Worship: The Views of John Calvin, the Westminster Assembly, Many
      English Puritans, the Scottish Church, the churches of Holland in the
      Synods of the Reformed Dutch Church (soon after the Reformation),
      Zwingle, Spurgeon, et al.
      "Instruments were first introduced into use (in public worship) by
      the Roman Catholic Church in the thirteenth century. The Calvinistic
      Reformed Church ejected instrumental music from its services as a
      element of Popery" adapted from Instrumental Music in the Public
      Worship of the Church by John L. Girardeau.

      14. Session of the Puritan Reformed Church of Edmonton - A Brief
      Defense Of Dissociation In The Present Circumstances 1996.
      Recounts the Covenanter/Westminster position on biblical separation,
      with special emphasis on the teaching of Samuel Rutherford.

      15. Greg Barrow & Larry Birger, Jr. - Reformation Principles
      Re-Exhibited: An Historical Witness & Brotherly Entreaty. Summary and
      Analysis of Changes within the Terms of Communion of the Reformed
      Presbyterian Churches of Scotland and America from 1761 to the
      Present, and a Particular Analysis and Testimony Against the Present
      Day Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA). (August 5,
      2002).

      16. Reg Barrow - Calvin, Close Communion, and the Coming Reformation
      (a book review of Alexander and Rufus... by John Anderson [1862])
      Shows how Calvin practiced close communion and covenanting -- and how
      a biblical view of these ordinances is intended to purify the
      individual, church, and state. Refutes the Popish and paedocommunion
      heresies (regarding the Lord's Supper), as well as all views of open
      communion.

      17. Dr. F. Nigel Lee - Calvin's Convincing Antipaedocommunionism

      18. Larry Birger - Terms of Ministerial and Christian Communion in
      the Reformed Presbyterian Church, With Explanatory Dialogue
      (Including "The Biblical and Logical Necessity of Uninspired Creeds")

      19. Reg Barrow - Saul in the Cave of Adullam: A Testimony Against the
      Fashionable, Sub-Calvinism of Doug Wilson (Editor of Credenda Agenda
      Magazine); And for Classical Protestantism and the Attainments of the
      Second Reformation
      A debate between the editor of Credenda/Agenda magazine, Doug Wilson
      and the President of Still Waters Revival Books, Reg Barrow,
      concerning Reformation worship, the Lord's supper, civil and
      ecclesiastical government, history, covenanting (and the Solemn
      League and Covenant), separation, and much more, 1997,
      http://www.swrb.com/newslett/FREEBOOK/RBarrow.htm.

      20. Reg Barrow - Steve Schlissel Versus Reformation Worship
      (http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/steve-schlissel.htm)

      21. Bill Mencarow - Steve Schlissel's Flawed Conception of the
      Regulative Principle of Worship Corrupts His Arguments: A Letter To A
      Ruling Elder (PCA) From A Ruling Elder (Formerly PCA)
      http://www.cashflows.org/rpw.htm

      22. Reg Barrow - A Warning Against the False and Dangerous Views of
      James Jordan Concerning Worship: A Book Review of Kevin Reed's
      Canterbury Tales

      23. Session of the Puritan Reformed Church of Edmonton - A Brief
      Testimony Against the Practice of Occasional Hearing.

      24. John Howie of Lochgoin - Faithful Witness-Bearing Exemplified: A
      Preface Concerning Association, Toleration, and What is Now Called
      Liberty of Conscience (published 1783).

      25. Reformed Presbytery in North America - The Practice of
      Headcoverings in Public Worship, June 4, 2001.
      (http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/index.html)

      26. Reformed Presbytery - A Short Directory for Religious Societies,
      drawn up by appointment for the particular use of the several
      societies of Christian people under their inspection, at the desire
      of the said societies, and addressed to them. 1881.

      +++ D. Free Bonus Books and Articles on the Sovereignty of God in
      History (The Eschatology of Victory, Historicism, etc.)

      1. Jonathan Edwards - The Work of Redemption, Period III
      A most remarkable glimpse into the mind of President Edwards. He
      boldly proclaims the glorious future of Christ's Kingdom on earth
      BEFORE the return of Christ.

      2. Francis Nigel Lee - Always Victorious! The Earliest Church Not
      Pre- But Postmillennial (2000)

      3. J.A. Wylie - The Papacy is the Antichrist.
      This book contains the classic teaching of the Protestant Reformation
      regarding Antichrist.

      4. Patrick Fairbairn - Is Popery the Antichrist? or The Tendency of
      Prophecy to Describe Things According to the Reality, Rather that the
      Appearance or Profession
      Classic Protestant Historicism demonstrating why both futurism and
      preterism are hermeneutically flawed.

      5. Francis Nigel Lee - Islam in the Bible (2000)
      Classic Protestant eschatology (Historicism) on what Bible prophecy
      teaches about the rise and fall of Islam -- and even what to expect
      in the future!

      6. Francis Nigel Lee - Calvin on Islam (2000)

      7. L'Avenir - Apocalyptic Interpretation
      Since the time of the great Reformation, there have been no less than
      SIX PROMINENT THEORIES of eschatological interpretation, each
      claiming for itself the palm of merit, and all demanding the
      unanimous suffrage of the Christian Church. This article summarizes
      these positions while also exposing the Jesuit origins of Preterism
      and Futurism. It also notes that Historicism was the theory of the
      Waldenses, Wickliffites, and Hussites; and the great body of the
      Reformers in the 16th century-German, Swiss, French, English,
      generally received it. It is preeminently the theory of the
      Reformation, and therefore has been violently opposed by Roman
      Catholics, prelatists, rationalising expositors and other foes of
      reformational principles.

      8. Francis Nigel Lee - The Anti-Preterist Historicism of John Calvin
      and the Westminster Standards (2000)

      9. Matthew Henry - Complete Commentary on the Revelation

      +++ E. Free Bonus Books, Articles, and Catechisms on the Sovereignty
      of God Over the Family

      1. The (Westminster) Directory for Family Worship

      2. To the Christian Reader, Especially Heads of Families (Prefaced to
      the Westminster Confession and Catechisms)

      3. Mr. Thomas Manton's Epistle to the Reader (Prefaced to the
      Westminster Confession and Catechisms)

      4. The Westminster Shorter Catechism (with full Scripture references).

      5. The Westminster Larger Catechism (with full Scripture references).

      6. John Calvin - Catechism of the Church of Geneva, Being A Form of
      Instruction For Children.

      7. Richard Baxter - The Duties of Parents For Their Children (From:
      Baxter's Practical Works, Vol. 1, A Christian Directory, on Christian
      Economics, Chap. X., pp. 449-454).

      8. Richard Baxter - The Special Duties Of Children Towards Their
      Parents (From: Baxter's Practical Works, Vol. 1, A Christian
      Directory , on Christian Economics, Chap. XI., pp. 454-457).

      9. Richard Baxter - The Special Duties Of Children And Youth Towards
      God (From: Baxter's Practical Works, Vol. 1, A Christian Directory,
      on Christian Economics, Chap. XII., pp. 457-458).

      10. Greg Price - Christian Education in the Home: Help! My Daughter
      Wants to Date. 1994.

      11. Reg Barrow - Godless Public Education & Sin
      The primacy of godliness in education is here contrasted with the
      sinfulness of turning young children over to the pagans and
      Christ-haters for education. Shows how Christians violate the first
      commandment when they send the children that God has given them
      stewardship over to His enemies for"training."

      +++ F. Free Bonus Books and Articles on the Sovereignty of God Over
      the Church and the Ministry

      1. The (Westminster) Form of Presbyterial Church Government

      2. William Cunningham and Reg Barrow - Apostolic Presbyterianism
      Shows from Scripture how the Apostles practiced the divine right of
      Presbyterianism.

      3. Dr. Francis Nigel Lee - John Owen Represbyterianized

      4. Michael G. Wagner - Forgotten Hero: The Autobiography of David Steele
      (1998)

      5. David Scott, John Cunningham, and George Smeaton - What Is A Moral
      Person? How God Views the Church and the Nations
      A clear and concise summary of the biblical doctrine of the moral
      person (i.e. that God regards churches and nations as moral entities
      separate from the individual members of which they are composed).

      6. John Brown (of Wamphray) - Corporate Sanctification: Holding Fast
      the Attainments of Reformation
      An overview of the Covenanter doctrine of reformation attainments by
      one of the great Covenanter theologians.

      7. Francis Turretin - Proof That the Church is Often Obscured

      8. Reformed Presbytery in North America - Deed of Constitution, August 5,
      2000.

      9. John L. Girardeau - The Discretionary Power of the Church

      10. Reformed Presbytery - Historical Testimony, Church Union, and the
      Second Reformation

      11. Reg Barrow - Would John Calvin Excommunicate John Frame?

      12. Reformed Presbytery - Toleration: The Cut-Throat of True Religion

      13. Michael Wagner - Up From Reconstructionism (1996,
      http://www.ecn.ab.ca/prce/books/index.html ).

      14. James Durham (1622-1658) - Concerning a Calling to the Ministry,
      and Clearness Therein
      From: A Commentary Upon the Book of the Revelation, Revelation
      1:19-20, Lecture IX pages 66-83 (of 60-83).

      15. Samuel Miller - The Ruling Elder (An Essay on the Warrant,
      Nature, and Duties of the Office of the Ruling Elder, in the
      Presbyterian Church)

      16. Greg Barrow & Larry Birger, Jr. - Reformation Principles
      Re-Exhibited: An Historical Witness & Brotherly Entreaty. Summary and
      Analysis of Changes within Terms of Communion of the Reformed
      Presbyterian Churches of Scotland and America from 1761 to the
      Present, and a Particular Analysis and Testimony Against the Present
      Day Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA). (August 5,
      2002).

      +++ G. Free Bonus Books and Articles on the Sovereignty of God Over
      Civil Governments

      1. Greg Price - Biblical Civil Government Versus The Beast; and The
      Basis for Civil Resistance (1996,
      http://www.swrb.com/newslett/FREEBOOK/GPrice.htm )

      2. Michael G. Wagner - A Presbyterian Political Manifesto

      3. Unknown - When Is Civil Government So Constituted that Christians
      Can Swear Allegiance To It?

      4. The Commissioners of the General Assembly of the Kirk of Scotland.
      With the Answer of Parliament to the said Testimony - A Solemn
      Testimony Against Toleration and the Present Proceedings of the
      Sectaries and Their Abettors, in England, in Reference to Religion
      and Government (1649)

      5. Samuel Rutherford - Samuel Rutherford Refutes Roger Williams
      Regarding Toleration, Sectarianism, and Peace

      6. Reg Barrow - Reformation Civil Government

      7. John Howie of Lochgoin - Faithful Witness-Bearing Exemplified: A
      Preface Concerning Association, Toleration, and What is Now Called
      Liberty of Conscience [published 1783]

      +++ H. Miscellaneous Free Bonus Books, Articles, and Quotations

      1. Classic Covenanter, Presbyterian, Puritan, and Reformed Quotes
      from Various Authors - Arranged By Topic
      Great for cutting and pasting during online debates or for confirming
      classic Protestant and Presbyterian teaching!

      2. Greg Price - A Testimony Against the Unfounded Charges of Anabaptism.

      3. Dr. F.N. Lee - Calvin's Convincing Antipaedocommunionism

      4. John Calvin - "The Second Sermon Upon the First Chapter of Job (or
      "Feasts and Godly Children") on Job 1:2-5," from the book Sermons on
      the Book of Job (1574).

      5. Greg Price - The Bible and Alcoholic Beverages. 1995.

      6. Greg Price - An Open Letter to those in the Identity Movement.

      7. Greg Price - When Does the Sabbath Begin? Morning or Evening? 1995.

      8. Session of the Puritan Reformed Church of Edmonton - A Reformation
      Discussion of Extraordinary Predictive Prophecy Subsequent to the
      Closing of the Canon of Scripture (prepared by Elder Greg Barrow)
      1998.

      ********

      +++ FOR MORE DETAILED SUMMARIES on all 30 REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CDs:

      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm.

      ********

      Resource 2. 194+ FREE REFORMATION (MP3) AUDIO files from SWRB at
      http://www.sermonaudio.com/swrb

      Latest addition (set starts at):

      + The Papacy is the Antichrist 1 of 3 (1888) Reformation Eschatology
      by J.A. Wylie
      FREE audio (MP3) at:
      http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=111502234113

      ********

      +++ DEFERRED PAYMENT OPTION for REFORMATION & PURITAN CDS (read now,
      pay later!)!!!

      We also now offer payment plans whereby you may divide the payments
      for one or both of our CD sets over a period of time. Please contact
      us for further details if you are interested in purchasing one or
      both of these valuable CD sets and would like to take advantage of
      our great new deferred payment options.

      These are limited time offers and may be rescinded at any time -- so
      don't delay your buying decision and possibly miss out on the extra
      savings we are now offering.

      BOOKSTORES, LIBRARIES, MISSIONARIES, PASTORS & WHOLESALERS PLEASE
      CONTACT US FOR TRADE DISCOUNTS!

      +++ For a full list of volume numbers, titles, contents, summaries,
      freebies, pricing, etc. for each REFORAMTION BOOKSHELF CD (of the 30
      CD set) please see:

      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm

      ********

      +++ A SECURE ORDER FORM is available on our web site
      (https://www.shopalberta.com/swrb/) for your convenience and safety
      in placing credit card orders. You may also contact us directly by
      email (swrb@...), by fax (780-468-1096), or by phone
      (780-450-3730).

      ********

      + Print editions of all of the books on the Reformation Bookshelf CD
      set are also available at: http://www.swrb.com/pcopy/photoc.htm, as
      SWRB has, by God's grace, published most of these books in print
      format also!

      *******

      +++ US$ EXCHANGE RATE now SAVES YOU up to an ADDITIONAL 36%+ OFF our
      listed CANADIAN prices!!!

      The US$ EXCHANGE RATE DISCOUNT means even GREATER SAVINGS for those
      purchasing resources from SWRB using a US Visa or MasterCard (
      $US1.00 = $C1.58 [oanda.com, Sept. 24/02] -- which gives US customers
      about an additional 36%+ off our listed [and already discounted]
      Canadian prices)!

      ********

      Please forward this email (or portions thereof) to your friends and
      email discussion groups if you think that they would like to obtain
      classic Reformation resources at great discounts by mail (and FREE
      from our web page). You are also welcome to link any of our web pages
      to your web page. Thank you!

      For the Third Reformation,
      Reg Barrow, President, STILL WATERS REVIVAL BOOKS Inc.
      Serving Christians worldwide (in over 80 countries) for 17+ years.
      FREE BOOKS and AUDIO SERMONS, SECURE ORDER FORM,
      SUPER SALES, DEBATES, and much more at: http://www.swrb.com
      Email add@... to be added to our EMAIL SUPER SALES list
      regbarrow@... Voice: +1 780 450 3730 Fax: +1 780 468 1096
      Discount Christian resources by mail-order. ASK for a FREE catalogue!
      4710-37A Ave. Edmonton AB Canada T6L 3T5

      The NEW REFORMATION BOOKSHELF CD series (30 CDs)
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/reformation-bookshelf-CDs.htm

      PURITAN BOOKSHELF CD series (32 CDs) is now on sale at:
      http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/puritan-bookshelf-CDs.htm

      FREE audio sermons and books (by Calvin, Knox, Rutherford and other
      Covenanters) at:
      http://www.sermonaudio.com/swrb

      FREE etext sermons and books (by Calvin, Knox, Rutherford and other
      Covenanters) at:
      http://www.swrb.com/newslett/newslett.htm

      Special Note to UK customers: Our contract with Book Academy has
      expired, so you may once again buy directly from SWRB if you so
      desire.

      To be REMOVED from this list please send a BLANK email to
      remove@... with the word REMOVE in the subject line.