Re: Name Jerry's Baby

  • thebishopsdoom
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Jason Robert Schuiling"
      <jrschuiling@y...> wrote:
      > Hows bout Owen Farel or Cameron Theodore or either Adriel Phebe or
      > Christiana Love

      Aww nuts. I didn't see your post before I called dibs on Cameron.
      Ok, now if you (or anyone else here) want(s) to name your kid
      Cameron, you'll just have to be certain to keep it between you and
      your kid, and don't tell anyone else. Ever. That way it won't look
      like I'm trying to copy you. Oh, unless its a girl. You can name your
      girl Cameron, but only if its a middle name and their first name is
      Richard. I'll allow that. But no other exceptions, capeesh?
      -Doom
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
        In other words, I should go with "Honky" if it's a boy, and "Richard
        Cameron" if it's a girl.

        ;)

        gmw (proud grandson of Hobart Thaddeus Waybright)

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., thebishopsdoom <no_reply@y...>
        <ragingcalvinist@c...>
        > wrote:
        > > Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
        > > suggestions.
        > Ger,
        > I think I have pretty much narrowed down the field for you. You'll
        > have to choose for yourself which of these to pick. But I think I
        > have the winners here.
        > If it is a boy,
        > I thought of Justus, but then that would sound too much like
        Justice,
        > and people might think you're some kind of puritan or something.
        > So I had temporarily decided on Hadad, but then when you called
        him,
        > it would sound like you were calling him your dad. So that wouldn't
        > work, either.
        > But I think I have real winners here.
        > 1. Hobab (favoured / beloved)
        > 2. Maale-akrabbim (because you know well of your own boyhood dreams
        > of being able to tell your friends that your name is "Ascent of
        > Scorpions" - so c'mon! live that dream thru your child!).
        > 3. Tertullian (which I think roughly translates as "Turtle dude")
        > I'm just warning everybody upfront though that I've got first dibs
        > on "Cameron" - maybe I've gotta dupe some poor girl into marrying
        me
        > first, but I still call first dibs. But I'll let you have Renwick,
        > unless you're going for Bible names, in which case Susan's
        suggestion
        > of Luke is nice and Noah is cool. Or you could go with the
        > traditional Hobart Thaddeus, no?
        >
        > Now, on the other hand, if it is a girl, I believe the winning
        names
        > can be narrowed down to,
        > Besor (Glad news)
        > Bethdiblathaim (House of dry figs)
        > or possibly
        > Zia, just for the euphonic sound of it, but you may want to keep in
        > mind that it does mean sweat / swelling.
        > I think that's probably about the best I can do for girl's names. I
        > haven't got any peculiar methodology for girl's names other than
        just
        > finding one that sounds nice (and what could sound nicer than Zia
        > Bethdiblathaim, right? "The swelling house of dry figs").
        > -thebishopsdoom
      • Gary Gearon
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
          Warning:

          The Gearon's are already considering NOAH...

          Can we patent that one?

          :-)
          > > Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
          > > suggestions.
          > Ger,
          > I think I have pretty much narrowed down the field for you. You'll
          > have to choose for yourself which of these to pick. But I think I
          > have the winners here.
          > If it is a boy,
          > I thought of Justus, but then that would sound too much like Justice,
          > and people might think you're some kind of puritan or something.
          > So I had temporarily decided on Hadad, but then when you called him,
          > it would sound like you were calling him your dad. So that wouldn't
          > work, either.
          > But I think I have real winners here.
          > 1. Hobab (favoured / beloved)
          > 2. Maale-akrabbim (because you know well of your own boyhood dreams
          > of being able to tell your friends that your name is "Ascent of
          > Scorpions" - so c'mon! live that dream thru your child!).
          > 3. Tertullian (which I think roughly translates as "Turtle dude")
          > I'm just warning everybody upfront though that I've got first dibs
          > on "Cameron" - maybe I've gotta dupe some poor girl into marrying me
          > first, but I still call first dibs. But I'll let you have Renwick,
          > unless you're going for Bible names, in which case Susan's suggestion
          > of Luke is nice and Noah is cool. Or you could go with the
          > traditional Hobart Thaddeus, no?
          >
          > Now, on the other hand, if it is a girl, I believe the winning names
          > can be narrowed down to,
          > Besor (Glad news)
          > Bethdiblathaim (House of dry figs)
          > or possibly
          > Zia, just for the euphonic sound of it, but you may want to keep in
          > mind that it does mean sweat / swelling.
          > I think that's probably about the best I can do for girl's names. I
          > haven't got any peculiar methodology for girl's names other than just
          > finding one that sounds nice (and what could sound nicer than Zia
          > Bethdiblathaim, right? "The swelling house of dry figs").
          > -thebishopsdoom

          > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

        • Gary Gearon
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
            Actually, we think it such a great name the more the merrier!

            G and E

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

            > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

          • Martin
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 3, 2002
              The random name generator I tried came up with:

              Male:
              1. Elisha Mencke
              2. Harland Gollin
              3. Titus Kivela
              4. Dorsey Ciliento
              5. Marcellus Coteat
              6. Nicky Esposita
              7. Rhett Ahyet
              8. Leif Gelbach
              9. Rueben Echavez
              10. Von Mestler

              Female:
              1. Georgene Kenoyer
              2. Elicia Bastick
              3. Karey Derion
              4. Nickie Nuetzman
              5. Retta Mandi
              6. Fredia Kinlecheeny
              7. Manda Cooch
              8. Neoma Gun
              9. Glady Dukeshier
              10. Madalyn Bleeck

              ---

            • twilight_dawns
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 4, 2002
                Feel free to use any of the names that Brent and I have come up with
                over the years as God has filled our home:
                Brandon
                Luke
                Michael
                Noah
                Jonathan
                Levi
                Kenneth
                Micah
                Travis

                We have picked out the name Jonas for the next one if God so chooses
                to bless us.

                Dawn (still praying for a daughter)