Re: A new member from Germany

  • Colin
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi Volker,

      The only reformed and fundamental church that I know of in Germany is
      the Free Presbyterian Church (affiliated with Dr. Ian Paisley of
      Northern Ireland) pastored by Ralph Baumann.

      He is located in Erlenbach, about 60 km south east of Frankfurt. It
      is apparently a bit far from you I think, since you appear to be
      north east of Frankfurt if I'm not mistaken.

      Anyway, his address is 74235 Erlenbach
      West Germany

      Two of his audio sermons are online at:

      http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=3955

      http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?
      currSection=sermonsspeaker&sermonID=10602172256

      Colin Tayler

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "voljor72" <volker-
      jordan@t...> wrote:
      > Hello to all other members on this Covenanted Reformation Club!
      >
      > May I briefly introduce myself?
      >
      > I am Volker Jordan from Dillenburg (the birthtown of William of
      > Orange), Germany, 30 years of age and unmarried. I have studied
      > medieval and modern history as well as political science and I am
      > working as a free translator and lector (editor) for and together
      > with different Christian publishing houses (mostly of Reformed
      > persuasion) in Germany and the Netherlands (for example, the
      Reformed
      > Bible Society, GBS "Gereformeerde Bijbelstichting"). I appreciate
      > sound doctrinal and devotional material very much. My current
      > project, is the translation of Herman Bavinck's famous "Reformed
      > Dogmatics" from Dutch into German. My last project was the
      > translation of J. C. Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospel of
      > Luke, Volume 2, from English into German.
      >
      > I see my special task by the Lord in translating many good Reformed
      > and Puritan Christian books in the following years, if the Lord
      will
      > grant me grace and health. We may never give up our hope for His
      work
      > in Germany and in the other German-speaking countries, although the
      > signs of the times in some respects are not really very promising
      and
      > we are still reaping the fruits of the German Enlightenment
      theology
      > with it more recent updates; but the Lord will continue with His
      > work, until His victory shall be won!
      >
      > For a very long time, I have been affiliated with Plymouth
      > Brethrenism and held to the futurist interpretation of prophecy and
      > all that false doctrines and even heresies that are connected with
      > Dispensationalism. Through my work, much lecture, mostly from the
      > Internet, and the Lord's help in opening me the Scriptures,
      however,
      > I have in the last years gradually come to strong Reformed and
      > Calvinistic convictions and now hold to the Received Text of the
      New
      > Testament and to the historistic interpretation of prophecy,
      because
      > the preterist and futurist systems were invented by Jesuits in
      order
      > to draw attention away from popery as the antichrist of Scripture.
      > Unfortunately, I have not yet found a fundamental Reformed
      > Presbyterian Church adhering to the principles of the Covenanted
      > Reformation and am thus without a real church afilliation or
      > membership at the moment. As you probably know, Germany doesn't
      have
      > such a Reformed/Puritan tradition or background as the Netherlands,
      > Scotland and the United States do have, and it will prove very
      > difficult to find a church in these days which still clinges to the
      > whole truth revealed in the Word of God. I have been very much
      > impressed by the Websites of Still Waters Revival Books, their
      > Puritan Bookshelf CDs and other material by them. The webpage
      > http://www.covenanter.org is also superb. I wonder whether you have
      > any contacts with German believers or congegrations which you could
      > recommend to me. I would be very thankful if you could find out.
      >
      > I would also appreciate very much every new contact with believers
      of
      > the same persuasion in the English-speaking world. You may contact
      me
      > by e-mail, by surface mail, by voice or by fax.
      >
      > Kind regards and greetings in our precious Lord Jesus Christ,
      >
      > Volker Jordan
      >

      > Volker Jordan, M. A.
      > Freelance translator and lector
      > Hainstraße 31
      > D-35684 Dillenburg-Frohnhausen
      > Germany
      > Voice/Fax: (+49 27 71) 81 48 73
      > Mobile: (+49 178) 4 49 25 91
      > E-Mail: <mailto:Volker-Jordan@t...>
      >
      > from 9 November 2002:
      >
      > Volker Jordan, M. A.
      > Freelance translator and lector
      > Langgasse 1b
      > D-35685 Dillenburg-Manderbach
      > Germany
      > Voice/Fax: (+49 27 71) 81 48 73
      > Mobile: (+49 178) 4 49 25 91
      > E-Mail: <mailto:Volker-Jordan@t...>
    • thebishopsdoom
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
        jordan@t...> wrote:
        > I am Volker Jordan from Dillenburg (the birthtown of William of
        > Orange), Germany, 30 years of age and unmarried. I have studied
        > medieval and modern history as well as political science and I am
        > working as a free translator and lector (editor) for and together
        > with different Christian publishing houses (mostly of Reformed
        > persuasion) in Germany and the Netherlands (for example, the
        Reformed
        > Bible Society, GBS "Gereformeerde Bijbelstichting").

        Just curious. Have you ever come across
        http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/nederlandse/home.html
        They appear to have a good amount of reformed literature online... in
        Dutch (including not only some continental authors, I noticed in a
        quick glance Binning, Guthrie, Rutherfurd, and I presume Robert
        MacWair is quite probably Robert M'Ward). I don't know anything one
        way or the other about the accuracy of the translation, but I thought
        I would pass the website to your attention in case you might be
        interested in taking a look.
        -thebishopsdoom