Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Name Jerry's Baby

  • Cheryl
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      Rats!  If I thought you were serious about the t-shirt, (especially if illustrated) I would have stirred my brain cells to come up with a few names.  As it is, I have used up my stock on my own brood.  If we are blessed with another, I may resort to dropping the book of baby names on the floor and picking a name at random at the page it opens to.

      Cheryl
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hows bout Owen Farel or Cameron Theodore or either Adriel Phebe or
        Christiana Love
      • Jasper Wall
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002

          Oh, silly Susan.  If it's a girl, that would be Jasperella.

           Susan <susanandcrew@...> wrote:

          Well it can't be Carl, that's taken. ;)

          So, since I believe it's a boy (sorry, Rach., maybe I'm wrong), how about Luke? Or Micah? Those are definitely stronger names than, say, Epaphras or Tychicus. :)

          Of course, if I'm wrong, and it's a girl, Jasper is a good name. :)
          (Or Abigail)

          Susan

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Jerry" <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
          > Ok, so as I mentioned to Volker, my dear wife is about to birth child #5 any day now.
          >
          > We're not settled on a name, though we've ruled a few out:
          >
          > Erastus
          > Arius
          > Nestor
          > Erasmus
          > Adolph
          > Montrose
          > Charles
          > Cain
          > Judas
          > Mesostophales
          >
          > Anything else is pretty much fair game.  So let's hear some suggestions.  The winner gets one of our "Great Verses of The Bible" T-shirts, this one featuring "And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces."
          >
          > (kidding about the shirt, but let's hear some names)
          >
          > gmw.

          �For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes�
          -John 5:21

          Do you Yahoo!?
          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

        • thebishopsdoom
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
            wrote:
            > Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
            > suggestions.
            Ger,
            I think I have pretty much narrowed down the field for you. You'll
            have to choose for yourself which of these to pick. But I think I
            have the winners here.
            If it is a boy,
            I thought of Justus, but then that would sound too much like Justice,
            and people might think you're some kind of puritan or something.
            So I had temporarily decided on Hadad, but then when you called him,
            it would sound like you were calling him your dad. So that wouldn't
            work, either.
            But I think I have real winners here.
            1. Hobab (favoured / beloved)
            2. Maale-akrabbim (because you know well of your own boyhood dreams
            of being able to tell your friends that your name is "Ascent of
            Scorpions" - so c'mon! live that dream thru your child!).
            3. Tertullian (which I think roughly translates as "Turtle dude")
            I'm just warning everybody upfront though that I've got first dibs
            on "Cameron" - maybe I've gotta dupe some poor girl into marrying me
            first, but I still call first dibs. But I'll let you have Renwick,
            unless you're going for Bible names, in which case Susan's suggestion
            of Luke is nice and Noah is cool. Or you could go with the
            traditional Hobart Thaddeus, no?

            Now, on the other hand, if it is a girl, I believe the winning names
            can be narrowed down to,
            Besor (Glad news)
            Bethdiblathaim (House of dry figs)
            or possibly
            Zia, just for the euphonic sound of it, but you may want to keep in
            mind that it does mean sweat / swelling.
            I think that's probably about the best I can do for girl's names. I
            haven't got any peculiar methodology for girl's names other than just
            finding one that sounds nice (and what could sound nicer than Zia
            Bethdiblathaim, right? "The swelling house of dry figs").
            -thebishopsdoom
          • thebishopsdoom
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
              --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Jason Robert Schuiling"
              <jrschuiling@y...> wrote:
              > Hows bout Owen Farel or Cameron Theodore or either Adriel Phebe or
              > Christiana Love

              Aww nuts. I didn't see your post before I called dibs on Cameron.
              Ok, now if you (or anyone else here) want(s) to name your kid
              Cameron, you'll just have to be certain to keep it between you and
              your kid, and don't tell anyone else. Ever. That way it won't look
              like I'm trying to copy you. Oh, unless its a girl. You can name your
              girl Cameron, but only if its a middle name and their first name is
              Richard. I'll allow that. But no other exceptions, capeesh?
              -Doom
            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
                In other words, I should go with "Honky" if it's a boy, and "Richard
                Cameron" if it's a girl.

                ;)

                gmw (proud grandson of Hobart Thaddeus Waybright)

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., thebishopsdoom <no_reply@y...>

              • Gary Gearon
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
                  Warning:

                  The Gearon's are already considering NOAH...

                  Can we patent that one?

                  :-)
                  > > Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
                  > > suggestions.
                  > Ger,
                  > I think I have pretty much narrowed down the field for you. You'll
                  > have to choose for yourself which of these to pick. But I think I
                  > have the winners here.
                  > If it is a boy,
                  > I thought of Justus, but then that would sound too much like Justice,
                  > and people might think you're some kind of puritan or something.
                  > So I had temporarily decided on Hadad, but then when you called him,
                  > it would sound like you were calling him your dad. So that wouldn't
                  > work, either.
                  > But I think I have real winners here.
                  > 1. Hobab (favoured / beloved)
                  > 2. Maale-akrabbim (because you know well of your own boyhood dreams
                  > of being able to tell your friends that your name is "Ascent of
                  > Scorpions" - so c'mon! live that dream thru your child!).
                  > 3. Tertullian (which I think roughly translates as "Turtle dude")
                  > I'm just warning everybody upfront though that I've got first dibs
                  > on "Cameron" - maybe I've gotta dupe some poor girl into marrying me
                  > first, but I still call first dibs. But I'll let you have Renwick,
                  > unless you're going for Bible names, in which case Susan's suggestion
                  > of Luke is nice and Noah is cool. Or you could go with the
                  > traditional Hobart Thaddeus, no?
                  >
                  > Now, on the other hand, if it is a girl, I believe the winning names
                  > can be narrowed down to,
                  > Besor (Glad news)
                  > Bethdiblathaim (House of dry figs)
                  > or possibly
                  > Zia, just for the euphonic sound of it, but you may want to keep in
                  > mind that it does mean sweat / swelling.
                  > I think that's probably about the best I can do for girl's names. I
                  > haven't got any peculiar methodology for girl's names other than just
                  > finding one that sounds nice (and what could sound nicer than Zia
                  > Bethdiblathaim, right? "The swelling house of dry figs").
                  > -thebishopsdoom

                  > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

                • Gary Gearon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
                    Actually, we think it such a great name the more the merrier!

                    G and E

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    > > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

                    > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

                  • Martin
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 3, 2002
                      The random name generator I tried came up with:

                      Male:
                      1. Elisha Mencke
                      2. Harland Gollin
                      3. Titus Kivela
                      4. Dorsey Ciliento
                      5. Marcellus Coteat
                      6. Nicky Esposita
                      7. Rhett Ahyet
                      8. Leif Gelbach
                      9. Rueben Echavez
                      10. Von Mestler

                      Female:
                      1. Georgene Kenoyer
                      2. Elicia Bastick
                      3. Karey Derion
                      4. Nickie Nuetzman
                      5. Retta Mandi
                      6. Fredia Kinlecheeny
                      7. Manda Cooch
                      8. Neoma Gun
                      9. Glady Dukeshier
                      10. Madalyn Bleeck

                      ---

                    • twilight_dawns
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 4, 2002
                        Feel free to use any of the names that Brent and I have come up with
                        over the years as God has filled our home:
                        Brandon
                        Luke
                        Michael
                        Noah
                        Jonathan
                        Levi
                        Kenneth
                        Micah
                        Travis

                        We have picked out the name Jonas for the next one if God so chooses
                        to bless us.

                        Dawn (still praying for a daughter)