Name Jerry's Baby

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      Ok, so as I mentioned to Volker, my dear wife is about to birth child
      #5 any day now.

      We're not settled on a name, though we've ruled a few out:

      Erastus
      Arius
      Nestor
      Erasmus
      Adolph
      Montrose
      Charles
      Cain
      Judas
      Mesostophales

      Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
      suggestions. The winner gets one of our "Great Verses of The Bible"
      T-shirts, this one featuring "And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces."

      (kidding about the shirt, but let's hear some names)

      gmw.
    • Jasper Wall
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002

        excuse me, but I thought we already settled on Jasper

        #5 any day now.

        We're not settled on a name, though we've ruled a few out:

        Erastus
        Arius
        Nestor
        Erasmus
        Adolph
        Montrose
        Charles
        Cain
        Judas
        Mesostophales

        Anything else is pretty much fair game.  So let's hear some
        suggestions.  The winner gets one of our "Great Verses of The Bible"
        T-shirts, this one featuring "And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces."

        (kidding about the shirt, but let's hear some names)

        �For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes�
        -John 5:21

        Yahoo! - We Remember

      • Cheryl
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
          Rats!  If I thought you were serious about the t-shirt, (especially if illustrated) I would have stirred my brain cells to come up with a few names.  As it is, I have used up my stock on my own brood.  If we are blessed with another, I may resort to dropping the book of baby names on the floor and picking a name at random at the page it opens to.

          Cheryl
          Ok, so as I mentioned to Volker, my dear wife is about to birth child
          #5 any day now.

          We're not settled on a name, though we've ruled a few out:

          Erastus
          Arius
          Nestor
          Erasmus
          Adolph
          Montrose
          Charles
          Cain
          Judas
          Mesostophales

          Anything else is pretty much fair game.  So let's hear some
          suggestions.  The winner gets one of our "Great Verses of The Bible"
          T-shirts, this one featuring "And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces."

          (kidding about the shirt, but let's hear some names)

        • Jason Robert Schuiling
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
            Hows bout Owen Farel or Cameron Theodore or either Adriel Phebe or
            Christiana Love
          • Jasper Wall
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002

              Oh, silly Susan.  If it's a girl, that would be Jasperella.

               Susan <susanandcrew@...> wrote:

              Well it can't be Carl, that's taken. ;)

              So, since I believe it's a boy (sorry, Rach., maybe I'm wrong), how about Luke? Or Micah? Those are definitely stronger names than, say, Epaphras or Tychicus. :)

              Of course, if I'm wrong, and it's a girl, Jasper is a good name. :)
              (Or Abigail)

              Susan

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Jerry" <ragingcalvinist@c...> wrote:
              > Ok, so as I mentioned to Volker, my dear wife is about to birth child #5 any day now.
              >
              > We're not settled on a name, though we've ruled a few out:
              >
              > Erastus
              > Arius
              > Nestor
              > Erasmus
              > Adolph
              > Montrose
              > Charles
              > Cain
              > Judas
              > Mesostophales
              >
              > Anything else is pretty much fair game.  So let's hear some suggestions.  The winner gets one of our "Great Verses of The Bible" T-shirts, this one featuring "And Samuel hacked Agag to pieces."
              >
              > (kidding about the shirt, but let's hear some names)
              >
              > gmw.

              �For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes�
              -John 5:21

              Do you Yahoo!?
              HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now

            • thebishopsdoom
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
                wrote:
                > Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
                > suggestions.
                Ger,
                I think I have pretty much narrowed down the field for you. You'll
                have to choose for yourself which of these to pick. But I think I
                have the winners here.
                If it is a boy,
                I thought of Justus, but then that would sound too much like Justice,
                and people might think you're some kind of puritan or something.
                So I had temporarily decided on Hadad, but then when you called him,
                it would sound like you were calling him your dad. So that wouldn't
                work, either.
                But I think I have real winners here.
                1. Hobab (favoured / beloved)
                2. Maale-akrabbim (because you know well of your own boyhood dreams
                of being able to tell your friends that your name is "Ascent of
                Scorpions" - so c'mon! live that dream thru your child!).
                3. Tertullian (which I think roughly translates as "Turtle dude")
                I'm just warning everybody upfront though that I've got first dibs
                on "Cameron" - maybe I've gotta dupe some poor girl into marrying me
                first, but I still call first dibs. But I'll let you have Renwick,
                unless you're going for Bible names, in which case Susan's suggestion
                of Luke is nice and Noah is cool. Or you could go with the
                traditional Hobart Thaddeus, no?

                Now, on the other hand, if it is a girl, I believe the winning names
                can be narrowed down to,
                Besor (Glad news)
                Bethdiblathaim (House of dry figs)
                or possibly
                Zia, just for the euphonic sound of it, but you may want to keep in
                mind that it does mean sweat / swelling.
                I think that's probably about the best I can do for girl's names. I
                haven't got any peculiar methodology for girl's names other than just
                finding one that sounds nice (and what could sound nicer than Zia
                Bethdiblathaim, right? "The swelling house of dry figs").
                -thebishopsdoom
              • thebishopsdoom
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., "Jason Robert Schuiling"
                  <jrschuiling@y...> wrote:
                  > Hows bout Owen Farel or Cameron Theodore or either Adriel Phebe or
                  > Christiana Love

                  Aww nuts. I didn't see your post before I called dibs on Cameron.
                  Ok, now if you (or anyone else here) want(s) to name your kid
                  Cameron, you'll just have to be certain to keep it between you and
                  your kid, and don't tell anyone else. Ever. That way it won't look
                  like I'm trying to copy you. Oh, unless its a girl. You can name your
                  girl Cameron, but only if its a middle name and their first name is
                  Richard. I'll allow that. But no other exceptions, capeesh?
                  -Doom
                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
                    In other words, I should go with "Honky" if it's a boy, and "Richard
                    Cameron" if it's a girl.

                    ;)

                    gmw (proud grandson of Hobart Thaddeus Waybright)

                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@y..., thebishopsdoom <no_reply@y...>

                  • Gary Gearon
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
                      Warning:

                      The Gearon's are already considering NOAH...

                      Can we patent that one?

                      :-)
                      > > Anything else is pretty much fair game. So let's hear some
                      > > suggestions.
                      > Ger,
                      > I think I have pretty much narrowed down the field for you. You'll
                      > have to choose for yourself which of these to pick. But I think I
                      > have the winners here.
                      > If it is a boy,
                      > I thought of Justus, but then that would sound too much like Justice,
                      > and people might think you're some kind of puritan or something.
                      > So I had temporarily decided on Hadad, but then when you called him,
                      > it would sound like you were calling him your dad. So that wouldn't
                      > work, either.
                      > But I think I have real winners here.
                      > 1. Hobab (favoured / beloved)
                      > 2. Maale-akrabbim (because you know well of your own boyhood dreams
                      > of being able to tell your friends that your name is "Ascent of
                      > Scorpions" - so c'mon! live that dream thru your child!).
                      > 3. Tertullian (which I think roughly translates as "Turtle dude")
                      > I'm just warning everybody upfront though that I've got first dibs
                      > on "Cameron" - maybe I've gotta dupe some poor girl into marrying me
                      > first, but I still call first dibs. But I'll let you have Renwick,
                      > unless you're going for Bible names, in which case Susan's suggestion
                      > of Luke is nice and Noah is cool. Or you could go with the
                      > traditional Hobart Thaddeus, no?
                      >
                      > Now, on the other hand, if it is a girl, I believe the winning names
                      > can be narrowed down to,
                      > Besor (Glad news)
                      > Bethdiblathaim (House of dry figs)
                      > or possibly
                      > Zia, just for the euphonic sound of it, but you may want to keep in
                      > mind that it does mean sweat / swelling.
                      > I think that's probably about the best I can do for girl's names. I
                      > haven't got any peculiar methodology for girl's names other than just
                      > finding one that sounds nice (and what could sound nicer than Zia
                      > Bethdiblathaim, right? "The swelling house of dry figs").
                      > -thebishopsdoom

                      > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

                    • Gary Gearon
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
                        Actually, we think it such a great name the more the merrier!

                        G and E

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        > > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

                        > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Pike Online, Inc.]

                      • Martin
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 3, 2002
                          The random name generator I tried came up with:

                          Male:
                          1. Elisha Mencke
                          2. Harland Gollin
                          3. Titus Kivela
                          4. Dorsey Ciliento
                          5. Marcellus Coteat
                          6. Nicky Esposita
                          7. Rhett Ahyet
                          8. Leif Gelbach
                          9. Rueben Echavez
                          10. Von Mestler

                          Female:
                          1. Georgene Kenoyer
                          2. Elicia Bastick
                          3. Karey Derion
                          4. Nickie Nuetzman
                          5. Retta Mandi
                          6. Fredia Kinlecheeny
                          7. Manda Cooch
                          8. Neoma Gun
                          9. Glady Dukeshier
                          10. Madalyn Bleeck

                          ---

                        • twilight_dawns
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 4, 2002
                            Feel free to use any of the names that Brent and I have come up with
                            over the years as God has filled our home:
                            Brandon
                            Luke
                            Michael
                            Noah
                            Jonathan
                            Levi
                            Kenneth
                            Micah
                            Travis

                            We have picked out the name Jonas for the next one if God so chooses
                            to bless us.

                            Dawn (still praying for a daughter)