If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 734 , Sep 10, 2001
      A key principle of theology, is that if it's not
      Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!! No, it doesn't have to originate in
      Scotland, but if it doesn't jive with Scottish Presbyterian
      theology you're very likely dealing with a bunch of
      bunk.<br><br>In this first installment (inspired by a discussion
      in another club.... hey, I stir up ALOT of trouble
      in ALOT of different clubs, while mine stays boring,
      well I ain't putting up with that!) we will learn
      about naughty civil magistrates that don't know how to
      not birth only, nor propinquity of blood, that makes
      a king lawfully to reign above a people professing
      Christ Jesus and his eternal verity; but in his election
      must the ordinance, which God has established in the
      election of inferior judges, be observed.<br><br>"2. No
      manifest idolater, nor notorious transgressor of God's
      holy precepts, ought to be promoted to any public
      regiment, honour, or dignity, in any realm, province, or
      city that has subjected itself to the blessed
      evangel.<br><br>"3. Neither can oath nor promise bind any such people
      to obey and maintain tyrants against God and against
      his truth known.<br><br>"4. But if either rashly they
      have promoted any manifestly wicked person, or yet
      ignorantly have chosen such a one, as after declares himself
      unworthy of regiment above people of God (and such be all
      idolaters and cruel persecutors), most justly may the same
      men depose and punish him, that unadvisedly before
      they did nominate, appoint, and elect."<br><br>Thanks,
      John Knox!<br><br>This has been, If It's Not Scottish,
      IT'S CRAP!!!<br><br>Back to your regularly scheduled
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.