Re: Jeff -- Covenanting

  • raging_calvinist
    Message 1 of 734 , Sep 1, 2001
      Saul got into trouble here too:<br><br>"And Saul
      said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace
      offerings. And he offered the burnt offering. And it came to
      pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering
      the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul
      went out to meet him, that he might salute him. And
      Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because
      I saw that the people were scattered from me, and
      that thou camest not within the days appointed, and
      that the Philistines gathered themselves together at
      Michmash; Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down
      now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made
      supplication unto the LORD: I forced myself therefore, and
      offered a burnt offering. And Samuel said to Saul, Thou
      hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the
      commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for
      now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon
      Israel for ever. But now thy kingdom shall not continue:
      the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart,
      and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over
      his people, because thou hast not kept that which the
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.