Re: The King James Version

  • thedatarat
    Message 1 of 734 , Aug 29, 2001
      ^<br><br>"1. Textual -- which text should we
      use?<br>Majority Text or Alexandrian/Wescott-Hort,<br>or
      Text' because they didn't even<br>have the majority of
      Byzantine manuscripts.<br><br>The KJV vs. Modern Versions
      debate, then,<br>is ~not~ one about a 'Majority
      Text'.<br>Rather: It's about the TR and other, more<br>complete and
      Translation -- which Bible most<br>accurately translates that
      -and, frankly,<br>inexplicable- renderings
      problematic<br>even assuming the superiority of the<br>TR
      that we should not<br>have the problem of walking into
      a<br>church and wondering which translation<br>is going to be
      translators<br>themselves pointed-out, a variety of<br>translations are
      NIV. And, DR's pastor quotes<br>from the NIV in the
      pulpit. The Reformed<br>Rodent reads along in the NASB
      (his<br>take-to-church Bible). It's beneficial<br>to compare the
      readings from these two<br>translations during church
      services !<br><br>There's no compelling reason to
      be<br>reading from the same Bible version<br>in church. In
    • almo_no1
      Message 734 of 734 , Sep 18, 2001
        prayers are easy gmw, you've got 'em.